Lewis Machine (LMT)
A Charlie's exclusive, this Mk18 pistol kit is ready to go. Charlie's has taken all the best parts and assembled them together, so that you can build your own Mk18 Mod0 pistol. Just like the Mk18 Mod0 rifles onboard ships at the beginning of the global war on terror, and the follow-on US Army CQBR upper receivers to swap out the M4A1 upper for close quarter battle, the Mk 18 pistol kit brings you some of the most authentic and parts to assemble your own pistol.
Charlie's Custom Clones is the leader in Mk18 rifles and pistols, and if you are new to clone building, the Mk18 is a great place to start. If you are a veteran military weapons enthusiast, the authenticity will excite you.
We have started with the LMT complete lower receiver, with the coveted LMT gray dry lube 6-position milspec buffer tube and LMT lower parts kit, including an LMT single stage milspec trigger. The complete lower is fully assembled by LMT and includes the LMT branded Ergo grip. the LMT Defender lower is milspec 7075 forged aluminum with milspec hard coat anodizing in black. Charlie's has done some research into the early NSWC Crane logo that the US Navy used, and has produced our proprietary version of this as a result of our research. This logo on the right magwell has been laser engraved into the aluminum and the laser process produces a white logo. This is not paint. This is lightly engraved. Deeper than simple etching, so the log will last through oil and dirt and use. The lower receiver is 100% factory LMT, with the addition of the Charlie's Crane logo, and then we attach an SB Tactical SBA-3 brace, which is fantastic, as the SBA3 perfectly fits the milspec buffer extension tube, so you can replace with a stock, should you later decide to make a short barreled rifle out of your pistol. This will require no change in the buffer tube Assembly, and something you can do yourself.
The upper receiver group comes assembled with a Colt 10.3" Crane barrel and Knights Armament M4 free floating RAS. Just insert the BCG and charging handle and attach to your lower, and your pistol is fully assembled.
The upper receiver group includes a Tier1 contracted milspec M4 upper receiver, complete with M4 feed ramps and engraved upper T-marks. The receiver is 7075 aluminum and milspec anodized in hard coat black to match the LMT lower receiver. The barrel is a Colt barrel, M4 profile with a Colt factory installed "F height" front sight base. The barrel is in traditional Crane style, having been cut-down from a 14.5" Colt factory barrel and the gas port opened up to 0.70", re-crowned, and the barrel then re-phosphated to assure corrosion resistance, as it military spec. Charlie's uses one of the best barrel smith shops in the business to make the adjustments to this factory barrel. Barrels are not something we leave to chance of source to just anyone. The barrel is typical Colt military grade: 1:7 twist chambered in 5.56 NATO with a full chrome-lined bore and chamber and the extension matching the upper receiver with M4 fee ramps. The barrel is military grade 4140 Chrome-Moly steel.
A Surefire SOCOM 3-prong flash hider has been properly timed and set in place with Rocksett, and is ready to accept a Surefire SOCOM suppressor, should you wish to go that route. Charlie's has upgraded the quad rail RAS to a carbine length free-floating RAS. The free floating RAS was a later upgrade to the drop-in RAS, and will lend to more accurate shooting, as the operators hands will not influence the direction of the barrel. The free floating RAS comes with 3 11-rib Knights Armament RAS rail covers and one 6-rib rail cover on the bottom. The top rail is left open for accessories, should you wish to add a flash light, PEQ or other nighttime illuminator.
The bolt carrier group is from a military contract, and features a phosphated tool steel carrier, well oiled, properly staked gas key screws, and a MPI and high pressure tested bolt made from the finest steel possible: Carpenter 158. The charging handled is premium forged milspec aluminum and hard coat anodized.
A Magpul MBUS Gen2 backup rear sight - BUIS - is also included. Some way wish to upgrade the rear sight to a Matech, Knights Armament or LMT LM8 sight, which can be done at the time you order for a small cost, or later. Charlie's is always looking to balance clone correct with affordability, and the versatility to upgrade later. Just like we can see you adding an Aimpoint M68 optic or an EOTech EXPS3.
Charlie's has worked hard with Potomac Armory to bring you this pistol kit, and the 10.3" barrel is perfectly legal for a pistol in May, 2021. The lower receiver left LMT as lower receiver, and not as part of a rifle, so you may legally build this kit into a pistol, and you may later change to a rifle. All fully legal. In the event that the ATF issues regulations restricting AR type pistols with braces, it is possible that this short pistol will not be affected, as the shorter pistols are designed to be used with one hand. We do recommend that you keep abreast of changes in the law, which might mean you have to register an AR pistol with a brace as an SBR, which might also mean the payment of a $200 tax stamp, or it might not.
As a pistol kit, we will ship the lower assembly to your local firearms dealer, and the upper assembly to you, for you to assemble at home. Some pictures show the completed pistol, but you will receive this as shown in the parts picture. If you should have any questions on the assembly, ask a Charlie's team member for clarification.
Note: this is the LMT Mk18 Mod0 pistol kit. Charlie's also offers a similar Mk18 pistol kit with a Colt lower receiver.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This pistol kit cannot ship to California.
Note: AR pistols and pistols kits, as well as full rifles and ammo do not quality for any reduced or promotional shipping rates.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.