A limited number of Mk22 MRAD ASR Mod 0 deployment packages have been presented for sale commercially, and our friends at Potomac Armory, working with Barrett and Euro Optic have secured a few hundred full military deployment packages. Normally, this would be very hard to do, and not that this time was easy, but the Mk22 ASR MRAD rifles are going to be slowly phased into to Special Forces Operations. Mk13 rifles are still being produced for SOCOM and the US Marine Corp, so the "ASR" or Advanced Sniper Rifle, is thought of as the next generation of bolt action sniper rifle, offering three caibers, and the deployment cases are complete with all three barrels. The familiar 7.62mm NATO and .338 Norma is being joined by the star of the show, the .300 Norma.
The .338 Norma will continue to be a favorite for long range targets, and 7.62, long a popular cartridge with the M24 and M110 as well as the M14, really becomes a training round for the ASR. Research into the .300 Norma has exploded in recent years, and balaistic charactristics, as well as adapatability to .30 cal rifles and price make it a strong contender for the long range round of choice.
Excerprts from Ammoland (ammoland.com):
The winner of the $50 million USSOCOM Sniper Rifle Contract, the Barrett Mark 22 Advanced Sniper Rifle now sits at the tip of the spear of US military might. Based on Barrett’s Multi-Role Adaptive Design Sniper Rifle, better known as the MRAD, the Barrett Advanced Sniper Rifle System was able to meet and exceed SOCOM’s stringent requirements for the Mark 22 contract.
Milled from a single block of 7075 Aluminum, the Barrett Mark 22 Advanced Sniper Rifle’s receiver more resembles the lower receiver of an AR platform rifle – housing the fire control group and magazine well, as well as attachment points for the pistol grip and folding buttstock. The upper receiver of the Barrett Mark 22 Advanced Sniper Rifle System also shares visual and functional similarities with the AR platform, with the bolt riding within a completely enclosed upper aided by a polymer bolt guide. What helped secure USSOCOM’s contract for Barrett is intuitive the caliber changing functionality of Mark 22 Advanced Sniper Rifle System (and MRAD). In order to change calibers on the Barrett Mark 22 only two parts need to be swapped: the barrel, held in place by two torx screws and the bolt head.
The Barrett Mk 22 MRAD ASR Rifles differs from the standard Barrett MRAD in a few small but important areas. The first being the handguard, the Mark 22 ASR features the M-LOK attachment system with attachment points at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions and full-length picatinny top rail. The Mark 22 features a single-stage trigger fixed at just 2.5 lbs. and finished with protective black coating. The buttstock of the Mk22 ASR will include an incremental mechanical lock for adjusting comb height, an adjustable recoil pad, and a bag rider covering a picatinny rail that allows for the mounting of a monopod. The Barrett MRAD Mk22 ASR Advanced Sniper Rifle System will also coated in an exclusive SOCOM Coyote Brown finish
The deployment kit contains three barrels:
Components Included With The Barrett Mark 22 Advanced Sniper Rifle System Deployment Kit
Suppressor is optional, and available here: Mk22 ASR Suppressor
Charlie's also offers a bonus combo with optic package: Mk22 ASR Deployment Kit with Nightforce ATACR 7-35x optic and mount combo
Save another $335 to $350 when you check-out paying with e-check
Here is a gun read on the ASR program the Barrett Mk22 from Gun Univerisity:
NO OUT OF STATE SALES TAX
Charlie's never charges out-of-state Sales Tax, only collecting tax on orders shipped to Virginia.
Pricing Note: Due to the high price, and to get you the best discounts, pricing is with CASH DISCOUNT. Choose check when checking out, and send us a copy of your check, scanned or a pic from your phone to email@example.com. sales tax is collected for deliveries or billing addresses in Virginia only. For deliveries outside of Virginia, you will report and pay your own sales tax, if you have a sales tax in your state.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles,
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.