Only 10 produced.
This limited edition package includes a deployment kit setup complete with Pelican case with Barrett factory cut-out foam, exactly as delivered to the US Army for testing. Also included is the Certificate signed by Chris Barrett attesting to the rifle being one of only 10 rifles actually submitted to the Army for testing.
These are test fired only, roughly 50 rounds, and tested by US Government and Barrett Rifles in submission of Barrett's bid for the ASR. While close to the final contracted weapon, these are not the final contracted ASR weapons. Some changes were made to the final contract, from this submission. For example, this rifle contains a normally threaded suppressor, and the final contract has a double locked adapter.
300 Norma is becoming the new normal for long range military snipers, upgrading from 300 WinMag.
RARE - US MILITARY TEST RIFLE
Actual Prototype Rifles used for recent Military Testing
The MRAD has the ability to swap barrels, and the actual deployment kit, when issued will contain 300 Norma and 338 Norma, which will replace the 300 WinMag and 338 Lapua. The MRAD ASR is a different weapon than the standard MRAD, and includes improvements to the stock and features an MLOK rail and longer fluted barrels.
Designed with both precision and modularity in mind, the MRAD is equally at home on the range or on duty. Its monolithic upper receiver is machined from 7000-series aluminum, including a full-length M1913 Picatinny top rail with built-in taper for long range precision.
With mounting slots at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock, its hand guard offers a rigid, highly adaptable interface for attachment of rails, electro-optics, and other accessories. Featuring a user- changeable barrel system, the MRAD can quickly and easily be converted to one of 8 different calibers or multiple barrel lengths by simply loosening two bolts using a standard Torx wrench; no gunsmith required.
Contained within the lower receiver is a fully adjustable match-grade trigger module, allowing the user to easily set their ideal pull. The MRAD stock folds on the right side, reducing overall width for a minimal footprint and ease of transport. When extended, the stock locks securely into place, providing an interface as rigid and stable as any fixed-stock rifle.
With tool-less length of pull and cheek piece height adjustment, the MRAD is easily configured to fit shooters of all shapes and sizes. The use of ambidextrous paddle-style magazine release, left/right swappable thumb safety and AR15/M16 pistol grips makes the MRAD perfect for both right and left handed shooters. From competition to combat, the Barrett MRAD does it all.
Note: During handling and testing there is one very small noticable scratch in the Cerakoting of the rifle. One picture highlights this very small knick on the left side of the receiver to the top and slighly aft of the trigger housing. At Charlie's we found it to be very minor, and thought it was greese to be wiped off, but discoverd it to a small surface scratch. It adds character.
* Barrett Mk22 tool kit includes:
** Barrett Mk22 Otis cleaning kit includes:
Photos courtesy of Barrett Firarms, GunUniversity, Recoil Magazine, Small Arms Defense Journal and other sources.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.