Black Hills Ammunition
The HK frame in 5.56 (HK416) and 7.62 (HK417) is making its way into military weaponry mainstream, both in Europe and in the US. The Army has created the M110A1 CSASS compact sniper rifle from the HK417 platform, and the Marines are using the HK416 as their standard DMR weapon, M27. The German Army has used the HK417 as their primary semi-auto sniper rifle in the extremely popular G28.
HK provides the MR762 as the civilian version of the HK417 in the USA, and in this package, they have put together a great weapons package at a popular price point. Yes, I said popular price point. At Charlie's we can get more military correct, but anything HK comes with a huge premium in price. We find this to a be an attractive, ready to go package.
Beyond industry standard, the H&K MR762A1 long rifle package III is a complete setup designed explicitly for marksmen-level precision and performance. Gas operated utilizing a “pusher” rod in place of the gas tube, the HK MR762A1 experiences virtually no malfunctions that typically plague other systems. This FDE 7.62 NATO rifle also features a 16.5-inch forged steel barrel with flash hider, and an ergonomic pistol grip. A Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15×44 FFP MRAD, HK G28 adjustable cheekpiece buttstock, and LaRue Tactical BRM-S bipod are the primary add-ons that make the MR762A1 Long Rifle Package (LRP) more than a sum of parts.
A semi-automatic rifle originally developed from the fully automatic HK417, the MR762A1 LRP employs the same HK proprietary gas piston operating system found on current HK rifles and carbines, using a “pusher” rod in place of the gas tube normally found in AR15/M16/M4-style firearms. And when adverse conditions, like dust, sand and mud are introduced, the advantage of the HK system becomes even more drastic. That is why so many of the world’s elite military and law-enforcement customers have absolute trust in their HKs.
This method of operation virtually eliminates malfunctions that are common to direct impingement gas systems, since hot carbon fouling and waste gases do not enter the receiver area. This is the same key feature critical to the success of the current generation of HK rifles used by leading military and law enforcement customers.
The MR762A1 has a cold hammer forged barrel made from the highest quality cannon-grade steel, producing a barrel that ensures superior accuracy, even after firing thousands of rounds. And while the material and cold hammer forging process themselves greatly enhance durability, HK’s processes include many additional steps not taken by other manufacturers to produce superior accuracy and service life, ensuring performance well beyond “Mil-Spec.”
The MR762A1 used in the “Long Rifle Package” is being produced with the same commitment to quality as German-made HK firearms. By using joint U.S./German manufacturing, Heckler & Koch leverages the relative strengths of two continents to make the preeminent AR-type firearms, combining the design innovations of the USA and Germany into superior products.
Additional accessories and add-ons for the LRP variant of the MR762A1 include an ergonomic pistol grip, the same military spec sling used on the HK M27 IAR supplied to the USMC, and an OTIS cleaning kit. The rifle package, complete with one 20 and one 10-Round magazine, is shipped ready to use with the scope attached in a compact 42-inch Model 1720 Pelican case.
The MR762A1 LRP has all the features sought by civilian precision shooters as well as law enforcement organizations seeking a basic and lighter weight alternative to the HK G28 series of designated marksman rifles.
Manufacturer's Part Number: 81000498
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.