This is the same great suppressor produced by Ops, Inc. For those who don't know, Ron Allen created the Ops, Inc. #12 suppressor, and then started his own company. Ron is one of those guys who just got it right, and his suppressor design is still awesome, and he makes these himself with care, so we at Charlie's can bring you more of the best for your Mk12 rifle, Mod0, or Mod1.
This is the new production from the Allen expanded facility in Springville, Utah. The same design as the AEM5 from Sparks, NV. Ron Allen has personally trained the team in Utah, to make the suppressors with the same design, metallurgy, fabrication methods, and quality. Some advancements were taken for more modern tooling, but the design and materials remain true to the Allen and Ops, Inc. model.
The 2022 edition retains the knurling. This is the one you want for a military correct clone build.
The AEM5 is the direct fit replacement for your MK12 SPR. The AEM5 attaches to the weapon via a mount and a collar that goes over the barrel for alignment. The suppressor mounts via threads on the outside of the mount centering on the adapter fitting. A 20 degree taper on the adapter locks the silencer onto the barrel. The AEM5 works well on a 12.5" or 12.7" barrel from Potomac Armory for the Gordon Carbine, as well as a RECCE build. Despite the design being 20+ years old, the performance of the suppressor, using the Allen collar and Allen brake remains darn good performance. Sure, there are lighter suppressors available, the AEM5 remains true to the original design for the SPR Navy SEAL rifle.
Note that both Charlie's and Ron Allen have seen some substandard performance with barrels which are not profiled correctly, or with knock-off parts. Be sure to use Allen Engineering collars and brakes on your barrel and have the barrel properly profiled to accept the suppressor.
Note: The mount and collar for Mk12 / NSWC RECCE AEM5 sold separately.
Read about Allen Engineering, Ops, Inc. and the Mk12 suppressor.
You may have found us by looking for the Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor, and that is awesome. Charlie's specializes in military correct rifles for shooting enthusiasts, as well as for military and law enforcement. We are a small business based in Virginia, and our Potomac Armory is a licensed firearms manufacturer and registered DOD contractor and law enforcement dealer. In a few short years, our consumer brand, Charlie's Custom Clones has grown to be the leading brand for shooting enthusiasts who are looking to increase their proficiency and their armament collection with military rifles and the hobby of clone building, which is just another way of saying that our customers want to buy or build a military correct rifle, largely as collectors, but also as active operators. The word, "Clone" in our name scares people that think we have fake products. We do not. Nothing can be further from the truth, as to have a clone rifle is to have as exact a copy of an actual military issued weapon as a civilian possibly can have.
In addition to great combat rifles, we carry a large selection of both military correct suppressors, and popular commercial suppressors. The Allen suppressor is a military-correct clone of the original Ops, Inc. #12, so it is something we carry for resale, and also bundle with our Mk12 rifles, and also bundle the Mk12 correct rifle scopes as well. The AEM5 is something we stock every month, and we are a distributor and dealer, meaning that we serve other dealers and our individual clone customers who want the Mk12 authentic suppressor, or an AEM5 for a Gordon build, etc.
We have online chat during business hours, in addition, you can contact us with product questions on Instagram and Facebook at @charliesclones as well as email and phone support. Let us know how we can help you, and help to make your shooting sports ambitions come true. Thanks for stopping in.
Note to Dealers: We are a nationwide Distributor for Allen Engineering, contact us by email if you are interested in carrying AEM products in your store.
Note: This is the new production AEM5, starting production in the Fall of 2022.
For a period of time, in late 2022 and into early 2023, it is very likely that we will have an overlap of the Sparks, NV Ron Allen AEM5 Suppressors as well.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.