This is the newer production 2022 model from the Orem, UT production facility, now in FDE
This is the same great suppressor produced by Ops, Inc. For those who don't know, Ron Allen created the Ops, Inc. #12 suppressor, and then started his own company. Ron is one of those guys who just got it right, and his suppressor design is still awesome, and he makes these himself with care, so we at Charlie's can bring you more of the best for your Mk12 rifle, Mod 0, Mod 1, or Mod H, now available in FDE. The color has been matched, so that if you have a Mk12 rifle built by PRI or Potomac Armory, this will match the color of your FDE rifle.
This is the new production from the Allen expanded facility in Orem, Utah. The same design as the AEM5 from Sparks, NV. Ron Allen has personally trained the team in Utah, to make the suppressors with the same design, metallurgy, fabrication methods, and quality. Some advancements were taken for more modern tooling, but the design and materials remain true to the Allen and Ops, Inc. model.
The 2022 edition retains the knurling. This is the one you want for a military correct clone build.
The AEM5 is the direct fit replacement for your Mk12 SPR. The AEM5 attaches to the weapon via a mount and a collar that goes over the barrel for alignment. The suppressor mounts via threads on the outside of the mount centering on the adapter fitting. A 20 degree taper on the adapter locks the silencer onto the barrel. The AEM5 works well on a 12.5" or 12.7" barrel from Potomac Armory for the Gordon Carbine, as well as a RECCE build. Despite the design being 20+ years old, the performance of the suppressor, using the Allen collar and Allen brake, remains darn good performance. Sure, there are lighter suppressors available, the AEM5 remains true to the original design for the SPR Navy SEAL rifle.
Note that both Charlie's and Ron Allen have seen some substandard performance with barrels which are not profiled correctly, or with knock-off parts. Be sure to use Allen Engineering collars and brakes on your barrel and have the barrel properly profiled to accept the suppressor.
Note: The mount and collar for Mk12/NSW RECCE AEM5 sold separately.
Read about Allen Engineering, Ops, Inc. and the Mk12 suppressor.
Note: This is the new production AEM5, starting production in the Fall of 2022. We are pleased to have additional production of Allen Engineering suppressors, which will fill the void left with discontinuation of the OCM5 suppressors, which Charlie's carried in 2021 and early 2022 when AEM5 suppressors were scarce.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.