What an awesome idea. You buy a combo, and we send the Surefire trainer - and exact replica of the RC2 suppressor - to you to use while your suppressor waits securely with your local dealer. You use the trainer, and then return it for a $100 gift coupon to be spent on anything you want at Charlie's Custom Clones, or keep it.
One of the hardest things is to buy an awesome suppressor, and then find that you cannot use for a period of months while your Form 4 is being worked by the ATF. So, we thought: Why not put a faux suppressor on your gun while you wait. The Trainer is built as durable as the suppressor itself, but it does not make your rifle any quieter, so it is not a regulated item. And, it has the same twist and lock fast attach mechanism as the RC2 SOCOM suppressor, so it will work with all the same Surefire SOCOM muzzle devices which you have already invested in.
The SureFire SOCOM556-RC2 is the 5.56 Rifle/Carbine Suppressor optimized for rifles with barrels 10” or longer. This suppressor is the second generation to the USSOCOM selected SOCOM556-RC suppressor. This option is designed to limit visible signature along with having minimal and consistent impact shift (if any) and being under 140dB which is considered to be ear safe. This suppressor is compatible with all 5.56 SureFire SOCOM Suppressor Adapters and attaches with the same Fast-Attach technology as seen throughout the SOCOM Series of suppressors from SureFire.
Originally released in 2012, the SOCOM Series Suppressors were selected by US Special Operations Command as first among all competitors, the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in history. The awarded full-length suppressors cover all aspects of performance to include effective reduction of sound attenuation, flash and dust signature, and also received the USSOCOM official safety verification in support of fielding. Additionally the suppressors were designed for optimum durability and service life. Since then the SOCOM suppressor has been sold to military units and police departments throughout the United States and the world over within allied NATO countries.
Initially introduced in early 2015, the SOCOM2 suppressors have minimal increase in capability than that of the SOCOM option, and have had a significant increase in production capability. Now when using computer controlled laser welding there is a significant decrease in production cycle-time, thus a reduction in cost, which has been passed along to the end-user offering the best suppressor product available at a lesser price.
The SOCOM2 suppressors continue to be constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel featuring a redesigned internal venting system to additionally reduce back pressure and in some cases a further reduction in sound attenuation. Ascetically the visual difference of the SOCOM2 suppressors is a new recessed end cap.
There is no change in suppressor adapter attachment between the SOCOM and SOCOM2 suppressors. The SOCOM 3-Prong and 4-Prong Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake and WARCOMP option adapters are designed for use with weapons system from carbine through machine gun variants.
Like all SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM2 produces minimal consistent shift in impact, if at all, compared to that of the unsuppressed weapon. As always SureFire suppressors are designed and manufactured in the USA.
To purchase the suppressor only, follow this link: Surefire SOCOM RC2 FDE Suppressor
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.