The Sig Sauer P320 M17 Pistol was adopted by the U.S Army under the designation of M17, The M18 is Sig’s carry version of the M17. The Sig Sauer P320 M17 9mm MHS (Modular Handgun System) comes standard with Siglight night sights and rear cut for RMR sights and mil-spec 1913 Picatinny rail for your favorite light or laser combination. The M17 320F-9-M17 slide is finished in coyote PVD and frame is also coyote, the Thumb safety, nightsights and rmr plate are all black.
The US Army 101st Airborne Division was first unit to field test and accept the M17 and M18 Modular Handgun System
After one of the most rigorous and highly competitive review processes in the history of military firearms, the SIG SAUER M17 was awarded the Modular Handgun System (MHS) contract for the U.S. Army. The M17 is a P320-based platform, and was selected for its uniquely innovative modularity, uncompromising performance, and unmatched capability. The P320-M17 closely follows the specifications of the U.S. Army’s M17.
“It was truly an honor for SIG SAUER to be chosen as the U.S. Army’s choice with the M17. When the selection was announced, civilian interest in the pistol was immediate,” said Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, SIG SAUER, Inc. “We are proud to bring this P320-M17 to the marketplace to meet the substantial civilian interest, and the high demand, to own the pistol the Army uses as well as the other branches of the U.S. Military.”
|Trigger Pull SA||Approx 5.0 lb|
|Overall Length||Approx 8.0 in|
|Overall Height||Approx 7.9 in|
|Overall Width||Approx 1.3 in|
|Sights (detailed)||SIGLite night sights / removable rear optic plate|
|Weight Empty||Approximately 27 oz|
|Frame Finish||Coyote tan / Black|
|Slide Finish||Coyote tan / Black|
|Barrel Length (in)||4.7 in|
|Mag Capacity / Rounds||17rd|
|Number of Mags||1*|
|Safety (detailed)||Thumb safety / no safety|
|FFL Requirements||Must be shipped to FFL dealer for transfer.|
*note: in earlier models, the M17 came with one, two or three magazines. All M17 pistols, no matter the UPC code, all have only one magazine when we ship. Sig has made this a little confusing, and we are keeping it simple: one (1) 17 round magazine ships with this pistol, no matter what the box says. If you live in a restricted state where a 17 round magazine is not allowed, but the pistol is allowed, you will receive the pistol with no magazine.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This pistol CANNOT ship to California, unless you are a law enforcement officer.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.