The Sig Sauer MCX-Spear .308 Win/7.62 NATO Rifle - 16" represents a pinnacle in tactical firearm engineering, combining classic design elements with cutting-edge technology. This latest iteration of the MCX series, influenced by the AR-15 and AR-18, showcases Sig Sauer's commitment to excellence and innovation in firearms manufacturing.
Traditional tactical rifles often face a trade-off between robust performance and user-friendly design. Many models struggle with maintenance complexity and lack adaptability, hindering their effectiveness in diverse environments.
This dilemma leaves users desiring a rifle that performs reliably under various conditions without compromising ease of use and maintenance. The challenge intensifies in high-stakes situations where reliability and adaptability are non-negotiable.
The MCX-Spear is engineered to address design challenges, offering enhanced accuracy, simplified maintenance, and versatile adaptability. Its design caters to both professional and recreational users, ensuring top-notch performance in varied scenarios.
The Sig Sauer MCX-Spear .308 emerges as a comprehensive solution, blending the reliability of classic rifles with modern advancements. It's designed to be a robust ally in various tactical scenarios, appealing to a broad spectrum of users through its innovative features and design ethos.
The MCX-Spear represents the culmination of Sig Sauer's extensive history in firearm innovation, mirroring the evolutionary journey of military rifles. This is the MCX SPEAR, but with 7.62 NATO instead of 277 Fury and dedicated suppressor. It is a standout in recent military rifle advancements. This model was conceived as part of Sig Sauer's participation in the U.S. Army's Next Generation Squad Weapon Program, aimed at replacing the M4A1. In this context, the MCX-Spear was pitted against notable competitors like the HK 417 and Knight's Armament M110 CSASS, each representing the zenith of DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) capabilities.
Distinguished from its predecessors, the MCX-Spear boasts a buffer system integrated into the upper receiver, a groundbreaking shift from the traditional AR-15 design. This innovation not only enhances the rifle's adaptability, but allows for a locked folding positions when shooting, which is unique. The MCX-Spear's compatibility with AR-15 systems and its ambidextrous design further illustrate Sig Sauer's commitment to versatility and user experience. Just how far Sig went with the ambidextriousness is found in the Scar-like left handed charging lever, allowing for charging from the left side or from the tradition rear position.
The narrative of the MCX-Spear is one of relentless improvement and adaptation, mirroring the evolving requirements of modern warfare and tactical shooting. Its design philosophy, deeply rooted in addressing practical challenges, makes it an intriguing option for anyone interested in experiencing a piece of military-grade engineering.
For the guys at Charlie's Custom Clones, this is an impressive battle rifle, and a whole lot of fun to shoot. It has the upgraded Scar feel. What is clear is that Sig is now a dominant player in the tactical rifle space, as well as the tactical pistol and tactical optics catagories. The water's warm, it might be time to get in.
|Chrome / Moly Steel
|SR-25 type - One 20-Round Polymer Included
|6-Position Telescoping Folding
Note on color: Tan colors never show up well on white studio background. The actual color is more of a sandy light brown than a beige. The pictures taken with people and the video will provide slightly better representation of the actual color.
Pictures courtesy of Sig Sauer, Pew Pew Tactical
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California residents, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.