Precision Reflex (PRI)
PRI originally supplied the US Navy at NSWC Crane with the round forearm free floating handguard for the SPR rifle, which became the Mk12 Mod0. Crane had originally produced the Mk12 upper receivers from commercial parts providers, like Precision Reflex. At the beginning of the War on Terror, when M4 parts were in short supply for regular ground forces, Crane was forced to take out of mothballs M16 A1 lower receivers to mate to the custom uppers that Crane built. Later versions of the Mk12 were found with lower receivers from Colt, Armalite, LMT and regular issue M4.
The Mk12 Mod 0 was built by PRI in what it refers to as Gen 2 and Gen 3 configurations. This is a bit confusing, to some extent, because we have Mod's and Gen's. The Mod 0 and Mod 1 were produced at the same time, with the Mod 0 have upper receiver groups from PRI, and the Mod 1 from Knights Armament. Both shared the same 18" Douglas match barrel, and had a variety of upper receivers. This rifle is the original Mod 0 - what Precision Reflex refers to as its Gen II rifle. The Gen 3 was produced a little later in response to some adjustments requested by the Navy at Crane. The change is subtle, with the barrel nut being larger and more pronounced on the Gen 3 and thus the top "Swan Rail" having a cutout for the larger barrel nut. The Gen 2 is noticeable by the flat Swan rail on top without any cutouts.
This rifle comes tested by PRI and ready to shoot 5.56mm NATO ammo. Charlie's recommends 77 grain Black Hills or Federal. The rifle is equipped with a 16" Douglas 416 stainless steel barrel with a fitted bolt and commercial carrier, flat-top receiver, with a Gen3 PRI carbon fiber black handguard. Allen Engineering SPR (Ops, Inc) brake and collar are standard, and profiled correctly to accept the Allen Engineering AEM-5 / Ops Inc #12 suppressor. The system also comes with a Gen II Rifle length carbon fiber free float forearm in FDE finish and a full length Picatinny top rail. The rifle barrel is Cerakoted in FDE, like the rest of the rifle, and chambered for 5.56 NATO ammunition. The lower is a PRI branded forged lower. Both the upper and lower receiver are Cerakoted in FDE. The milspec lower parts and black buffer tube include a B5 FDE SOPMOD buttstock and front and rear folding backup flip-up iron sights from PRI in black oxide coated stainless steel.
Manufacturer's Part Number: 07-556G2RD-SPRA2-17-X-FDE
Note: This product is carried in-stock. If we have available, you can add to cart. If not available, you can list your email in the "Notify Me" box to be notified when the product is next in-stock. You may also special order the same rifle, and pay a deposit for the next available rifle. Special Ordered rifles have a $200 savings over in-stock rifles. When stock is coming to us, Special Orders will be filled first, and then general inventory will be made available here. Note that prices may be slightly different for in-stock and special order items.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
Note: check here --> for California firearms compliance processing. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.