Well, at Charlie's we don't normally do video game rifles, but we got asked enough times, that we said, WTF, it looks like an interesting build. And, our photographer and her brother are Metal Gear players, so the team rallied behind this crazy idea, and our chief armorer rose to the occasion to find the actual parts used in the video game. True military clone rifle enthusiasts, turn the page. Go to the Mk12 build site. But with great fun and fanfare, Charlie's Custom Clones brings you the M4 rifle of the decade never used on the battlefields of Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia or Syria. No GWOT here, but a great fun gun. Clearly a conversation piece at the range when your shooting buddies show with their M4A1 Block1 or Mk18 Mod2 rifles.
Things can be difficult when you live on the battlefield. The days of a modern stealth commando have come a long way from the Cuban Missile Crisis. While previous generations fought in the Mercenary Wars or worked in clandestine facilities such as Mother Base or Shadow Moses Island, a few were even able to infiltrate Outer Heaven. But war changed. First, they sank the USS Discovery. That was just the set-up for things to come. A Trojan horse. We all remember where we were when Arsenal Gear crashed in Manhattan. The stage was set for the rise of the private armies, like the Diamond Dogs before them. The world is a swath of hot zones full of super human agents vying for control.
Whether your mission is with one of the many PMCs patrolling the conflict zones of the world, or you're the imperfect clone of the world's greatest operator, this rifle is your go-to primary. Our expert in the field has this to say, "The M4 is the official carbine model of the US Army, developed from the M16 service rifle. This one's the top-of-the-line model, real popular with the big PMCs." Of course, the barrel is free-floating in a Knight's Armament Picatinny quad rail handguard. We've included three tan rail covers and a vertical grip to go along with it. It is highly customizable for tactical espionage action. The CQC compatible Troy muzzle device tips the Colt 14.5" chrome-lined barrel with cuts to accept the M203 40mm grenade launcher (sold separately). Tan furniture compliments the rail covers to help break up the outline of the weapon against desert sands and earth brick buildings. Sturdy flip up iron sights are standard to keep you in the fight while searching for the right optic. Mil-Spec parts fill out the rest of the 7075 aluminum forged receiver set from Palmetto State Armory, a third party supplier not tied to the big five under Sons of the Patriot's AI network control.
Not everyone has access to an advanced Solid Eye System, so most of us have to make do with conventional optics and weapon lights. The Surefire M962N has been discontinued for some time and is difficult to acquire. We have the modern, upgraded option and staple of the weapon light world, the 1,000 lumen SureFire M600 Ultra Scout Light in tan. For distance engagements, the Trijicon ACOG with its 4X magnification is an excellent choice. Charlie's has it available with the red horseshoe and the red crosshair reticles. For CQC range, the Aimpoint is the go to. While the correct optic is the original M68 CCO CompM2, we have the stock Aimpoint PRO and also retrofitted to more closely resemble the M68 in a real Wilcox mount. though if you want to clone the rifle from the original E3 trailer, an Eotech 512 or 552 is acceptable. The legendary KAC NT4 silencer is an extremely difficult to get addition, as such, they are only sometimes available. If you already have one or plan to get one, we can substitute the Troy muzzle device for a clone of the NT4 muzzle device and pin and weld it to bring the barrel to 16". If you would like this option, please put it in the comments during your order.
For your sidearm, if you don't start with your own Springfield Armory TRP Operator, you can take an FN Five-seveN off one of the FROGs since HK Mark 23s are pretty scarce on the ground. The classic Single Action Army is also a fine choice for those less inclined to an automatic.
Unfortunately, we have been unable to secure a source for active octopus camouflage or armor sufficient to stop man-portable railguns. We recommend finding a cool bandana in a tactically appropriate color.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California's residents, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.