Daniel Defense has a long tradition making its commercial interpretation of the M4A1 rifle. Now, with the RIS III rail, the DD M4A1 takes on the URGI style with an M-LOK rail and midlength barrel. DD rifles are solid and dependable shooters, and high quality rifles. At Charlie's we would not really call this a "near clone" rifle, as the design varies a bit far from the military grade M4A1, but it does retain that military style, and very nice to see the mid-length barrel included in this new (for 2022) rifle.
The RIS III lower receiver is now fully ambi, making for a true upgrade. The DD all-new for 2022 RIS III rail system is modeled after the proven RIS II developed for SOCOM, but now in M-LOK for extreme durability with less weight. It features our hardcore 6-Bolt, Bolt-Up System used on the RIS II, and the same two-part free-float design that never makes contact with the barrel - not even with an M203 grenade launcher installed - so barrel harmonics and accuracy are not affected. The lightweight, heavy-hitting RIII is ready for anything.
Manufacturer's Part Number: 02-191-04238-047
The M4A1 RIII AR15 style firearm features a fully ambidextrous lower that allows both left- and right-handed shooters to operate the bolt catch, safety selector, and magazine release without having to move or remove their dominant hand from the rifle’s grip. The DD GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle is ambidextrous as well. Daniel Defense has taken the RIS II Picatinny quad rail used on the original M4A1 and replaced it with a 12.5 inch M-LOK rail - the RIII - for lighter weight and more flexible attachment options. The M4A1 RIII features a 14.5 inch Mid-length CHF Government / M4 profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Extended Flash Hider, pinned and welded to provide a 16" overall barrel length. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
ADVANCING DD SOCOM RIS II LEGACY INTO THE FUTURE
How do you improve upon the two-piece RIS II rail system developed for United States Special Operations Command? By incorporating popular M-LOK attachment and making these hardcore rails even lighter weight while still offering grenade launcher attachment.
FULLY AMBI FOR FULLER CONTROL
More control of your rifle means more control of the situation. Whether you're a righty or lefty, you can easily operate the bolt catch, safety selector, and mag-release button without moving or removing your dominant hand from the rifle's grip.
BLAST-PROOF 6-BOLT ATTACHMENT
The RIII uses the same battle-tested 6-Bolt, Bolt-Up System as the DD RIS II rails, which provides robust mounting, strong enough to withstand recoil from grenade launchers.
REMOVABLE & COMPATIBLE FOR MORE ATTACHMENT OPTIONS
Same design as the legacy RIS-II, the bottom section drops for maintenance and installation
GET A GRIP & LET IT RIP
Ambidextrous GRIP-N-RIP charging handles provide a secure grip and even more flexibility for right- and left-handed shooters. Plus, the handles are designed with an anti-gas feature to keep gas away from your face and provide a better shooting experience.
1⁄2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
31 1/2” – 34 ¾”
Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
Note: check here --> for California firearms compliance processing. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.