There is always the debate of the best tactical shotgun, and the M4 and the Beretta 1301 top the list. But for those who are looking for near M4 performance, many have sought a clone of the Benelli M4, and there are 4 or 5 out there that are okay. The AKSA S4 rises to the top of the heat of M4 clones, and is worth the money.
Now, set your expectations where they need to be. Benelli makes some of the best crafted semi-auto shotguns on the market, and from Italy, which is known for great shotguns. Buying a Turkish tactical shotgun is never going to be just like buying an Italian shotgun. Not in this decade. Remember when Japanese cars were known as knock-offs of European automobiles? Well, Turkish firearms are better than when Toyota first entered the marked, and now Lexus gives Mercedes a run for their money. Well, Turkish weapons are somewhere between 1972 and 2022, when comparing Japanese cars to German cars.
The AKSA firearms manufacturing facility is top-notch. Four Peaks now imports the AKSA. In the past, SDS did. Four Peaks also imports the Copolla SA-1212. This is not the Copolla. The AKSA is a far better shotgun.
Now, back to expectations. You will need to check every screw, and tighten it. You might replace certain parts. You should think of the AKSA as a project gun. At 1/3 the price of the Benelli, you are getting 90% of the performance, and 75% of the reliability. Those are Charlie's numbers. Who knows. What we do know is it is a great value, and you will be very happy and have enough money to buy shotgun shells. Why do we tell you all this? Because, some people might think they are buying junk. You are not. Others might think they are buying the same thing as Benelli. You are not. You are getting a great value and a gun you will want to learn more about, and keep it working and maybe replace a few parts down the road.
TFB Blog has done a Review of the AKSA S4 written by Daniel, known on Instagram as @fromtheguncounter. His summation is:
“Is it just as good?” is the wrong question. A clone that costs 70% less than the original Italian masterpiece will never be just as good. This is true with Italian guns, motorcycles, and food.
The real question should be “is it good when judged on its own merits?” and my answer is yes. It is a lot of gun for the money. Unlike many budget-oriented guns in its class, there is an aftermarket thanks to the M4 parts interchangeability. And it just might make you pick up a Benelli to round out the set some day.
Parts are generally interchangeable, including common upgrades like magazine tubes or stocks. It is not a Benelli but is impressively similar to the original.
The manipulations are exactly the same on the Aksa S4 and the Benelli M4. I have shot Benelli shotguns in the past and there were no differences in the manual of arms. Both the M4 and S4 benefit from larger aftermarket bolt release buttons and extended bolt handles.
I added a Vortex Crossfire red dot on the factory optics rail. Some reviews of similar guns reported that the optics rail came loose after firing. This gun did not have that issue.
• Compatibility: All parts and accessories of the S4 are 100% compatible with Benelli M4. You may use all of the parts including trigger group, rotating bolt, buttstock, etc.
• Durability: AK-SA ARMS S4 is a direct clone of Benelli M4 with the same production techniques and technologies with the same materials which makes the shotgun your best ally in harsh Conditions
• Improvements: While keeping the main structure of the shotgun, AKSA made some changes in trigger guard and in the buttstock. The trigger guard has been upgraded with a larger frame to be used easily with tactical gloves and CNC made aluminum l instead of plastic. Another upgrade is the stock with adjustable cheek rest which helps the shooter to align his/her eyes with the optics.
The AKSA Arms S4 semi-auto 12 gauge is a modern gas piston shotgun that is a great choice for home defense, tactical training, and shooting at the range. This shotgun features a synthetic stock, Picatinny rail, fixed sights with a rear ghost ring, and one of the most reliable actions ever made.
The system activates the pistons with the gas pressure coming from the gas holes in the barrel of the pressure created by the combustion of the gunpowder and discharges the excess pressure from the relief chambers. Thanks to the general structure of the pistons, it has the ability to clean itself as it works.
• 12 gauge semi automatic shotgun
• Argo style gas operated piston to dampen recoil
• Ghost ring style optic
• Drilled 4140 steel 18.5” barrel
• 5+1 tubular magazine capacity
• Plastic fixed stock and forend
• 7075 aluminum receiver
• Color: offered in Black, Tungsten, or FDE (this model is BLACK)
• 3 screw-In mobile chokes
• Overall length: 40.5”
• Length of Pull: 14.5”
• Weight: 8.3 pounds
• Chamber Length: 3”
Manufacturer's Model Number: 12058
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This item cannot ship to California
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles and shotguns.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.