This firearm is classified as a Pistol and not a Short Barreled Rifle (NFA regulated items require ATF approval and a tax stamp). The Daniel Defense MK18 Folding Pistol features the railed forend Daniel Defense currently provides to USSOCOM and a 10.3” Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, the same length commonly used for CQB operations. The MK18 RISII features the Bolt-Up System and has been rigorously tested prior to fielding by USSOCOM. This pistol comes equipped with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Pistol Grip with an integral trigger guard and soft touch overmolding. The MK18 Pistol is unmatched in size, weight, and performance.
Note on construction: Daniel Defense full constructs this pistol as a Daniel Defense Pistol, complete with the pistol brace, and Charlie's adds the Law Tactical folding device to the factory manufactured pistol to bring to you the best Mk18 commercially available pistol on the market. Daniel Defense has another folding pistol, but has a different brace. You can choose. At Charlie's, we like the SB Tactical SB3 brace, as it fits on a full mil-spec buffer tube, and allows you -- the owner -- to choose to upgrade your pistol to an SBR, which is a regulated NFA item, but with a small bit of engraving, and the electronic filing of your Form 1, you could have your tax stamp in a matter of weeks, and then change out the brace for stock, as the SB3 allows you to leverage the same buffer tube.
Also, knowing that individuals have specific preferences to actual military correct parts and commercial parts as well as varying budget preferences, Charlie's presents you with options for the BCG: standard mil-spec nitrided bolt and carrier group for extreme performance, of the Daniel Defense logo phosphated bolt. For the charging handle, you have a choice of the commercial premium Grip-n-Rip charging handle, or the more traditional military charging handle, both in forged anodized aluminum construction.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
* magazines will be included, where allowed by law only
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California: This item is not on the California approved Pistol list, and cannot ship to California.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.