Colt M4A1 SOCOM Block 1 Upper Receiver Group
with Milspec M4 RAS and vertical grip; pinned and welded 14.5" Colt SOCOM barrel
The barrel is pinned and welded, overall barrel length is LEGAL at 16.1”. Colt Upper Receiver and barrel. All Genuine Colt. Standard Extended A2 flash hider and Colt 14.5” SOCOM profile barrel.
"Street legal" pinned flash hider, makes this item legal to own without an NFA tax stamp. A few surface scratches, which, if you buy new Colt, you know are common. This is a highly desired and sought after upper.
The upper comes with Complete with a mil-spec M4 RAS handrail with 3 ribbed covers, Colt heavy profile SOCOM barrel (standard SOCOM with M203 cuts), Matech Picatinny Logo rear BUIS and mispect complete BCG. Still heavy with factory oil, not shot. This is a new upper, with the upper receiver, barrel, and the front sight base has been timed and installed by Colt. This is an "F" height FSB, although Colt is not marking all FSBs with the "F" Yes, bolt, barrel and upper receiver all have Colt markings that you would expect.*
--- Accommodates the full range of 5.56mm ammunition, including the NATO M855/SS109 and U.S. M193, as well as longer-range ammo like the Mk262 Mod1 77 grain, preferred for SOCOM operations, utilizing a rifling twist of 1 turn in 7".
- Barrel: - Colt mil-spec cage code stamped 14.5-Inch 1/7 twist 5.56 NATO chrome-lined MP tested SOCOM profile barrel with factory tuned and professionally pinned front sight base (FSB) with bayonet lug and an option for a sling loop swivel. This upper comes with no front sling swivel. You can add one here. Note: comes standard with pinned extended A2 flash hider, so not an NFA item. Charlie's uses a standard extended A2, and we send the pinning and welding to a professional barrel shop, who does outstanding work. We also source barrels from Colt which come with a Colt extended flash hider and soldering marks on the weld. This all depends upon where our supply is best, and not a choice, unless you are choosing to have a different flash hider or brake installed.
- Upper Receiver: - Colt M4 upper receiver with M4 feed ramps (Colt builds with and without Cage Code; no consistency. If you have a preference, add it in the comments at time of purchase and we will try to accommodate.)
- Bolt Carrier Group: - Complete Microbest M16 Full Auto Bolt Carrier Assembly is standard. Microbest makes military BCGs for Colt, Daniel Defense, FN and other companies. You can never get better than Microbest.
- RAS Rail: - P&S / Provident American quad RAS rail with 2 11- rib full-size rail covers and one short rail cover for the bottom rail, to fit the VFG. Provident American is the parent company of P&S Products, which makes RAS rails for the M4 Block 1, the M16A4, and rail covers that are identical to Knights Armament, who also makes RAS rails.
- Rear Backup Sight: - Matech USGI 600m rear back-up sight BUIS (Picatinny marked)
- Charging Handle: - Colt Mil Spec Charging Handle.
- Muzzle Device: - mil spec extended flash hider, custom pinned and welded. You can also special order other flash hiders, for an additional fee, and additional shop wait times. Special orders are subject to a higher cancellation fee. See our cancellation policy
- Vertical Grip: - Mil Spec VFG (vertical forward grip) included from P&S with Provident American CAGE Code.
- Sling mounts are optional. Choose to install your own Colt Side Swivel sling mount . If you want Charlie's to install, add $10 here and add comments when you check-out that you want us to install.
Note: Standard configuration is NOT an NFA item. If you choose the unpinned barrel, all NFA laws will apply.
Note to Maryland customers: The SOCOM barrel is a heavy barrel, similar to a HBAR, so you may purchase this and own it.
Consider an optic with your upper -- EOTech red-dot, Aimpoint M68 red-dot or the Elcan 1x/4x Specter with your upper.
Charlie's also stocks the FN SOCOM M4A1 upper receiver group
Note: All ITAR regulations apply. Charlie's deals in the real McCoy. Your item most likely has parts that cannot be shipped outside of the USA, or owned in the USA by non-US Persons. You take accountability to safeguard parts and the entire upper, and get necessary approvals to transport outside of the USA.
* Some Colt uppers are being shipped with the front sight base (FSB) not being marked with an "F" and the bolt carrier not being marked with a "C." All upper receivers have the Colt CAGE Code and all bolts are marked "MPC" like you would expect.
Also see: Colt M4A1 free floating upgraded Upper Receiver Group