Let's face it: People love the SCAR. Do we need a SCAR pistol in 5.56 with a super-short barrel? Debatable. But, can you imagine shooting the Baby SCAR? Can you imagine putting a folding stock on in and creating an SBR (NFA rules apply)? Maybe now is time to take a look at a pistol brace? Take a look. You decide. Production is limited. Now with non-recipocating charging handle. NRCH.
Machined from a single piece of aluminum, the receiver features a continuous M1913 Picatinny rail in the 12 o’clock position along with side rails at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions, providing ample rail space for a red dot, flashlight or angled foregrip. The rear of the receiver features a vertical Picatinny rail (VPR) with a quick-detach sling attachment for use with single-point slings. The trigger module that acts as the lower receiver is identical to the SCAR 16S, sharing a number of parts commonalities across the two systems. It offers an ambidextrous selector and magazine release along with compatibility with any AR-pattern magazine.
The FN SCAR 15P, often referred to as the "Baby SCAR," is a civilian adaptation of the military and law enforcement SCAR-SC Subcompact Carbine. Introduced as a semi-automatic pistol, it's chambered in 5.56x45mm and features a 7.5-inch barrel. Weighing 5.65 pounds and measuring just under 20 inches in length, it's praised for its lightweight and compact design, making it suitable for home and personal defense, as well as range use.
The pistol is equipped with the non-reciprocating charging handle assembly that reduces overall felt recoil due to the reduced mass of the bolt carrier, thus producing an extremely easy-to-manage system when shooting from a sling. The assembly includes the redesigned bolt carrier, charging handle sled and ambidextrous, reversible charging handles – one in a low-profile configuration and the other a 30-degree offset that enables the use of low-mounted optics and can act as a hand stop, if so desired. The low-profile charging handle is preinstalled from the factory and the 30-degree offset is included with the pistol as an available upgrade at the customer level.
Packaged in a discreet, soft-sided carry case color-matched to the pistol, moving from the home to the range and back has never been easier. With ample room within the case for spare magazines and other accessories, the FN SCAR 15P pistol case is an easy option to stow and go. The pistol is available in black or flat dark earth (FDE) and ships with one 30- or 10-Round FN SCAR-L magazine. With its overall compact size, lightweight configuration and reliable FN SCAR operating system, this is a package that packs a lot into a small space.
One notable aspect of the FN SCAR 15P not commonly highlighted in product descriptions is its exceptional modularity. This feature, inherited from its military origins, allows users to customize the firearm based on specific needs or missions. This includes the ability to switch out stocks and barrels, with a conversion kit developed to allow the SCAR-H variant to function as a SCAR-L when using 5.56 ammo. This versatility, combined with its ambidextrous design, makes the SCAR 15P adaptable for both right and left-handed shooters.
A fitting quote for the product description comes from the review on Guns and Ammo, emphasizing the SCAR 15P's usability and shooting experience: "It's difficult to make a high-tech gun that’s easy and fun to shoot, but that’s the FN SCAR 15P. Reliability when firing with and without a suppressor was perfect (thanks in large part to the easy-to-access gas regulation control) and I was really impressed by how smooth and quickly the pistol shoots. It’s relatively easy to remain on target, and that would make this an effective CQB personal defense weapon. But above all else the SCAR 15P is simply a fun gun to shoot, and its innovative design and shooter-friendly layout make it one of the most desirable pistols in today’s market". (Guns and Ammo Review of Scar 15P)
The FN SCAR 15P Pistol in 5.56 NATO with a 7.5" barrel, offered in black, is a compact and versatile firearm designed for various shooting applications. Known as the "Baby SCAR," this model is part of the renowned SCAR family, notable for its use in military and law enforcement contexts. Its design focuses on operational flexibility, mobility, and ease of use.
|Operation||Short-stroke gas piston|
|Magazine Capacity||30 Rounds|
|Receiver||Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum, MIL-STD-1913 rails, Vertical Picatinny rail with sling QD cup|
|Barrel||7.5” hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating, with 3-prong flash hider|
|Operating Controls||Dual, ambidextrous charging handles; ambidextrous safety lever and magazine release|
|Magazine||Steel body, low friction follower; 30-rd or 10-rd options|
|Special Features||Non-reciprocating bolt carrier assembly, short-stroke gas piston|
The FN SCAR 15P is engineered for high performance and adaptability, making it suitable for both personal defense and recreational shooting. Its robust construction, combined with user-friendly features like ambidextrous controls and a versatile rail system, contribute to its appeal among a wide range of firearms enthusiasts.
NOTE: Charlie's will not send a high capacity (30-Round) magazine to any of the following states: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, HI, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA, and two counties in IL.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This item is currently not eligible to sell to customers in California.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full sized pistols and rifles.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.