FBI custom "folding carbine" 11.5" SBR - HRT type
Custom rifle build from Potomac Armory, made especially for federal law enforcement agencies. This is an HRT style short barreled rifle with a folding stock. The "folder" is very popular, and allows the SBR to be carried concealed, in a very small package. Also, ideal for suppressed fire.
Made with traditional FBI spec'd parts, the FBI folding carbine is similar to that used by HRT and regional FBI teams. Now available to other federal agencies and local law enforcement, with or without a suppressor.
Starting with a Rock River Arms law-enforcement spec lower, with single action trigger and ambi safety, the FBI Folder has a mil-spec premium forged 7075 M4 receiver, bolt carrier group, buffer tube and charging handle. The Law Tactical Gen-3 hinge allows for locking standard and folding position. Standard with the FBI Folder is the Aimpoint T-2 red dot optic with a Daniel Defense riser mount, and Troy folding M4 back-up iron sights. The barrel is a Colt FBI 11.5" heavy profile, with a BE Meyers flash hider and Geissele 10" Mk4 Federal rail in OD Green, with pronounced Picatinny rails at the forward end for tactical attachments.. The furniture includes an OD Green Magpul CTR stock and black Houge soft textured pistol grip.
The FBI Folder from Potomac Armory is quite capable, and very versatile. The 11.5" Colt FBI barrel performs very well with standard fire, or suppressed.
Note: This is an NFA Item. We also have a pistol version. Ask us.
Previously available only for Agencies, now available to the public.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT info to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.