The Colt LE6945CQB and CR6945CQB Monolithic short barreled rifle feature's Colt's law enforcement fully unitized URG. In addition to an uninterrupted full-length front rail, the upper receiver allows for a free-floated barrel. This LE6945 is a mondernized version of Colt' Commando and the military Mk18 rifle. Assembly also features a gas-block mounted front flip-up sight with bayonet lug and a flip-up rear sight. The barrel is Colt's standard 10.3" chrome lined M4 barrel with an A2 flash hider up front.
The Colt 10.3" short barreled rifle is designed to exploit firepower capability in confined spaces where lightweight mobility, speed and violence of action rule. The CQB can be comfortably carried with its 10.3” barrel, yet be instantly available to provide the type of firepower required to overmatch combatants. The CQB with a 10.3” barrel comes equipped with a one-piece upper receiver. Because it provides full 5.56mm power and accuracy in a very compact sub-machine gun size weapon, the 6945CQB is often chosen over smaller less powerful sub-machine guns. Regardless of the application this weapon system provides the superior qualities that will enable operators to accomplish an increasingly wide range of tasks.
Manufactuer's Part Number CR6945CQB
video and some pictures courtesy of Cav_Trooper_19D
Note: The Colt 6940 family of rifles are proprietary designed, with few user servicable parts. Specific tools are required to remove the barrel nut and barrel. The gas system is unique and not designed to be replaced with mil-spec parts.
Charlie's provides rifles, which have been test fired by Colt.
Note on pictures and model change: Products shipped after October 31, 2020 will be the Model CR6945. This is 100% the same rifle as the LE6945. The magwell engraving has changed, and Colt has rebranded all their carbines as "Carbine" and no longer marked M4 Carbine. This is the only change to the product.
NFA Advisory: this is a short barreled rifle, and must be registered with the ATF and an NFA tax paid.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s, as well as your dealer's SOT. Make sure your dealer is a Class 3 / SOT holder.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
No Civilian sales to California. Be certain you can own a short barreled rifle in your state and locality.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.