The AP5 is made in Turkey by MKE, which in the past had made MP5 rifles under license from HK, which means that they have the know-how and the machinery to make MP5 clones as good as anyone. To assure quality, Century Arms inspects the firearms before they leave the factory. There are some choices for MP5 clones available, and in 2021, Century is a new entrant, but MKE has been making MP5 rifles and clones for quite some time. Charlie's Custom Clones has read the reviews, and the only real complaint we have seen is the initial price of the AP5 was a bit higher earlier in 2021, and for those who wish to go full auto, a bolt swap is needed. Other than that, the AP5 is good to go.
The AP5 brings a slimmer handguard than other models on the market, which is a bit of a throw-back to earlier years. We can't want to get a Knights or Cadex rail on the front and see how that works, along with SB Tactical brace. For those wishing to convert to an SBR, some research will be necessary to comply with Section 922(r), but with a few American made parts, that should not be a problem. Also interesting is the bolt-on top Picatinny rail, which is a different approach than other MP5 like firearms, but very stable.
The MKE AP5 Pistol is based on the HK MP5 and made on HK Machinery in Turkey. MKE is an Arms manufacturer for military and police agencies around the world. These are imported by Century Arms.
From German designs, to foreign licensed manufacturing to US importing, Century Arms is bringing us some neat HK style firearms.
Lots of options available with braces and stocks (for an SBR).
Pictures courtesy of Century Arms, Recoil Magazine and @sootch00 (on YouTube)
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This pistol does not qualify to ship to California. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.