Booster System – For use with a pistol that utilizes a tilting, or sliding barrel. The Booster System temporarily relieves the weight of the suppressor from the barrel, in order for the pistol to cycle. (Check out a video VSO Gun Channel did of a Booster System in action here.) Be sure to lubricate the piston before each use to allow the suppressor and firearm to cycle efficiently. We recommend white lithium grease as it withstands heat well.
The Obsidian9 and Obsidian45 come standard with a Booster System (also known as a Nielsen Device) and Piston. The Obsidian9 comes with a 1/2×28 Piston and the Obsidian45 comes with a .578×28 Piston.
ADAPT™ Modular Technology
In a class of its own, the Obsidian9 is nearly half its size in it’s short configuration, giving you two suppressors with one tax stamp. With additional versatility in mind the Obsidian9 is fully compatible with suppressor sights for seamless use on a pistol or carbine.
Obsidian9 baffles are machined from 17-4 Stainless Steel barstock, with three indexing tabs for proper alignment. With serviceability in mind the Obsidian baffles create a gas seal that virtually eliminates carbon build up between the baffles and tube.
The Obsidian9 and Obsidian45 use a non-slotted design creating a full circumference gas seal. This drastically lowers gas blowback for a more enjoyable shooting experience. The Obsidian9/45 pistons are cross compatible with SilencerCo™ slotted pistons.
Revolutionary Mounting System
The Obsidian9 mount is machined from 17-4 Stainless Steel barstock. We strategically place the engraving on the thickest cross section of the 17-4 stainless steel mount for fast and easy replacement should the suppressor become damaged beyond repair, it also serves to make the Obsidian9 infinitely upgradeable in the future.
Already a proud owner of an Obsidian45? The Obsidian9 is fully compatible with Obsidian45 accessories. Pistons, Fixed Mounts, Fixed Barrel Spacers and 3 Lug Mounts all are interchangeable with the Obsidian 9!
The Obsidian9 is machined from top of the line materials to not only last a lifetime, but withstand any rate of fire. Because we believe your gear shouldn’t be what’s holding you back.
Baffles: 17-4 Stainless Steel
Tube: Hard Coat Anodized Aluminum
Mount: 17-4 Stainless Steel
Finish: High Temp Cerakote® (over the entire suppressor)
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.