Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
The LMT MARS-H is quite possibly one of the best large bore AR10 style platform rifles on the market. We like to say that there are two types of AR enthusiasts in the World: Those who know LMT and those who do not. LMT is not a household name in the AR business, and most of their production goes to domestic and foreign armies, so if you have not heard of LMT, you are simply one of those who needs to. LMT builds battle rifles. In the process, you happen to get some of the best features made, like a full ambidextrous lower and an upper receiver that is monolithic with the upper receiver, and a barrel swap mechanism that is the best. While this rifle comes to you as with a 13.5" 7.62 NATO barrel pinned and welded to 16", you can buy a longer or shorter 7.62mm barrel for maneuverability or a longer 20" 6.5 CM or 7.62 NATO barrel built for match accuracy.
LMT Defense MARS-H semi-automatic rifle chambered in 7.62 NATO. This rifle features a 13.5"-inch chrome lined barrel with 1:10 RH twist, uninterrupted full Picatinny rail on the upper receiver, with M-LOK attachment points on the remaining sides. The barrel is topped off with a Surefire 3-prong flash hider, which is professionally pinned and welded to the barrel to make the rifle a 16" gun. This customization has been contracted by Charlie's Custom Clones to allow the most badass 7.62 battle rifle around. Charlie's received a 16" factory MARS-H rifle, and replaces the barrel with an LMT 13.5" Lightweight barrel and has the Surefire muzzle device semi-permanently affixed to the barrel to bring it back to a legal 16". Note: LMT makes a similar factory rifle, but uses an LMT flash hider. Charlie's thinks that the Surefire flash hider will give the shooter more choices, should you decide to shoot suppressed and add a 7.62 RC2 SOCOM or a MINI2 suppressor.
The Monolithic Weapons System barrels utilize a low profile gas block and a straight gas tube.
The MARS-H ambidextrous lower features EDM machined two-stage trigger, winter trigger guard, end plate with QD swivel point, LMT ergonomic textured grip, and a SOPMOD stock. The ambidextrous features include bolt catch and release, magazine catch, and safety selector.
This weapon is built with the LMT patented Monolithic Weapons System, MWS, in M-LOK. The only true monolithic rail platform, milled from a single solid piece of aerospace aluminum forging. It utilizes two locking bolts accessible from the side of the receiver to lock in the barrel extension. This patented technology engages the barrel extension for a full 360 degrees around the extension and makes the barrel removable within seconds with a return to zero of the same barrel. One receiver can utilize numerous barrels of varying length, material, and caliber.
LMT Part Number: MLKMWSB-MARS - Charlie's Custom Surefire muzzle
The CQB upper receiver has 19.5″ of uninterrupted 1913 Picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position, and M-LOK at 3:00, 9:00 and 6:00.
Monolithic rail platform barrels utilize a low profile gas block and straight gas tube. They possess proprietary coating and are cryogenically treated for long-term durability.
The MARS-H ambidextrous lower receiver features LMT's EDM machined single-stage match trigger, winter trigger guard, end plate with QD swivel point, LMT ergonomic textured grip from Ergo, and SOPMOD Gen2 stock. The ambidextrous features include bolt catch and release, magazine catch, and safety selector. As with all LMT lower receivers, the extension tube is coated with dry film lubricant.
LMT battle proven barrels are chambered in 7.62 NATO with 1:10 rifling and chrome lined.
This weapon system comes complete with magazine, owner’s manual, and 3 rail panels. No torque wrench included.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.