Custom pistol build from Potomac Armory, made especially for federal law enforcement agencies. This is an HRT style short barreled pistol with a folding brace. The "folder" is very popular, and allows the weapon to be carried concealed, in a very small package. Also, ideal for suppressed fire.
Made with traditional FBI spec'd parts, the pistol is styled after our very popular folding HRT carbine, but now available as a pistol. The folding carbine is very similar to that used by HRT and regional FBI teams. Now available as a pistol, and designed to be fired with or without a suppressor.
Starting with a Rock River Arms law-enforcement spec lower, with single action trigger and ambi safety, the FBI Folder has a mil-spec premium forged 7075 M4 receiver, bolt carrier group, buffer tube and charging handle. The Law Tactical Gen-3 hinge allows for locking standard and folding position. Standard with the FBI Folder is the Aimpoint T-2 red dot optic with a Daniel Defense riser mount, with the option to upgrade to the Spuhr HRT mount. Back-up sights are Troy folding M4 back-up iron sights. The barrel is a Colt FBI 11.5" heavy profile, with a Surefire SOCOM 3-Prong flash hider and Geissele 10" Mk4 Federal rail in OD Green, with pronounced Picatinny rails at the forward end for tactical attachments. The furniture includes an SB Tactical SBA-3 brace and black Houge soft textured pistol grip. The SBA-3 brace is fitted to a mil-spec buffer tube, which allows for the replacement of the brace with a standard milspec stock, should the operator wish to register the pistol as an SBR under the National Firearms Act.
The FBI Folder from Potomac Armory is quite capable, and very versatile. The 11.5" Colt FBI barrel performs very well with standard fire, or suppressed.
Notice: This item is currently sold as a pistol, which is legal as of this listing in May, 2021. The ATF has shown an interest in reviewing the status of pistols with braces, and there is some possibility that the ATF could rule that some AR Pistols are actually Short Barreled Rifles, subject to the National Firearms Act, and should the ATF come to the conclusion that this pistol is determined to be an SBR, that could result in requiring owners to register the weapon as an NFA item with the ATF, and also could possibly mean that owners might have to pay an NFA registration fee, also known as a tax stamp. Currently, the process to convert this pistol to a short barreled rifle involves engraving, for which Charlie's team can refer you to a quality engraver, and the completion of an electronic Form 1 and the payment of the NFA tax stamp. Electronic Form 1 filings have been approved quickly in the recent past.
Note: This pistol is available as a full pistol, engraved with Potomac Armory's manufacturing marks, or as a pistol kit, for the customer to assemble. Be sure to ask Charlie's team which version is available when you order.
Note: Anodized green color will vary from batch to batch, and Internet pictures and video are not the best to showing true color. Generally speaking, the Internet pics will show a brighter color than you will find on your upper receiver / pistol. Some of this is the anodizing producing different tones, batch to batch, and some is the studio effect of getting to a pure white background.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT info to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This pistol cannot ship to California, unless to a qualified law enforcement agency or individual officer.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full AR pistols, rifles or ammunition
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.