The M4A1 AR15 style firearm features the RIS II Picatinny quad rail, which has been in use by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD Block II program since 2005. The DD M4A1 is built around a 14.5 inch Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel with a permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, and has other commercial improvements upon the original design from the early 2000's. The independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. The M4A1 is shown here in Black anodized aluminum. This rifle also comes with the ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
Daniel Defense makes some of the better all around military style commercial AR firearms in the business. Here, DD has taken the legendary M4A1 military rifle, for which they built the rail for Navy SEALS and the US Army infantry alike, in what was known as the Block 2 M4A1, and made some commercial improvements and interpretations to modernize a 20+ year old rifle. Much of the rifle contains the military clone-correct parts of the military M4A1 SOPMOD Block 2, like the rail, and then DD make it their own by using a cold hammer forged barrel, DD logo upper receiver, the comfortable Grip n Rip ambi charging handle and other improvements. As a shooter, you might appreciate the more modern trim. For those looking for 100% original USGI issue, we have that as well - ask our sales team - just not factory DD.
Improved design reduces flash signature compared to the traditional A2 birdcage for AR15 style firearms
Intense hydraulic pressure process that forms the most accurate and longest-lasting barrels attainable
Widened and beveled magwell funnels magazines into place for the fastest, most secure reloads possible
For right or left-handed shooters
Proprietary 4- or 6-bolt attachment to the upper receiver allows the rail system to free float the barrel, which will ensure barrel harmonics are not affected during operation
Features a nonslip cheek weld, interchangeable butt pads, and an integral QD point
Integrated quick-disconnect points for the attachment of slings
Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rail attachment
Ergonomic wrist angle, integral trigger guard and nonslip grip for comfort and control in all conditions
* magazines will be included, where allowed by law only
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.