This is a factory Colt receiver - superior quality with custom MK18 Crane logo. FN, LMT, Colt, Knights Armament make rifles for the US Military. When it came to the Mk18, Colt M16s were first used by the US Navy, and now you can own a Crane Mk18 Mod0 Colt lower. This is a customized Colt lower, with the Mk18 Mod0 Crane logo for your Mk18 build. Factory Colt lower (not eligible for a pistol build), with customized engraving on the left magwell.
Charlie's has researched the original Mk18 Mod0 Crane issued rifles, and has worked to find the period correct logo, and commissioned the engraving on this high quality lower receiver. We have a number of different Mk18 and Colt lowers, and we try our best to be very specific with each lower receiver, as we know that many Colt clone aficionados treat every marking on a Colt like a vintage of wine. You can get a little too OCD, but we will keep you balanced.
Collectors and clone enthusiasts alike will appreciate the true M4 Carbine markings on the lower. This is perfect for a Form 1 SBR build.
Charlie's has maintained and inventory for customers who want this type of lower, and we buy in the open market from other dealers. What is highly valued is the M4 Carbine marking, which is preferred for military correct builds.
Charlie's Custom Clones had the lower custom engraved with Crane Mk18 Mod0 logo. It may seem easy, like everything we do, but our team actually spent hours researching the correct logo and not just any markings, so you will have the real deal Mk18 Mod0 logo, and can build a rifle, and SBR (with proper registration and engraving).
Charlie's also offers the Mk18 Crane logo complete lower receiver from FN. If you are interested in a complete pistol, with the LMT lower, take a look at the Mk18 Mod 0 LMT Custom CQBR Pistol Kit
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California's residents please, click here to access the California compliance package. The process may be different due to state specific laws. Note:
Stripped lowers are eligible for free shipping !
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.