The HK45 was developed as a product improvement of the highly regarded USP45, first released in the 1995. The Caliber .45 ACP HK45 includes several user-inspired enhancements including changeable grip panels (backstraps), a Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 accessory rail, better ergonomics, and more ambidextrous controls.
Along with the HK45 Compact, the HK45 was developed as a possible candidate for the Joint Combat Pistol (JCP) and Combat Pistol (CP) programs administered by the U.S. military in their search for a new service handgun to replace the 9-millimeter M9. These programs were suspended before completion and no pistols were selected.
The HK45 uses an HK proprietary O-ring barrel for precise barrel-to-slide lockup and optimal accuracy. HK45 barrels are made using the famous HK cold-hammer forging process for superior performance.
Using HK’s unique internal mechanical recoil reduction system reduces the recoil forces imparted to the weapon and shooter by as much as 30%, improving shooter control during rapid firing and increasing component service life. Capable of firing standard .45 ACP ball through +P ammunition, the HK45 combines the accuracy, modularity, reliability and minimum 20,000 round service life of the famed USP45 series with the improved ergonomics of the P2000 series pistols. HK45 models can be also be fitted with threaded barrels for use with muzzle mounted sound suppressors.
Each HK45 comes standard with an extra backstrap; medium and small interchangeable backstraps ensure an optimal fit for most shooter’s hands and complement the ergonomic profile grip.
HK45 barrels are made using the famous HK cold-hammer forging process for superior performance. The HK45 uses a polygonal bore, which effectively seals propellant gases behind the bullet, which produces more consistency and velocity for each shot fired, unlike regular rifling which allows some leakage of propellant gases. The HK45 utilizes HK's unique internal mechanical recoil reduction system to reduce felt recoil by as much as 30%, allowing the shooter more control during rapid fire and increasing service life.
The grip resembles the extremely ergonomic grips found on the P30 and P2000 series of HK pistols. An additional backstrap and rough texturing ensures that hands of all sizes can manipulate and control the firearm with efficiency, effectiveness, and optimal comfort. This pistol is fully ambidextrous other than the fire control lever, but that can be switched over to the right side for left handed use (additional parts required).
The Variant 1 HK45 comes with a left side safety and decocker.
Manufacturer's Model: 262509 and also 81000026
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.