Heckler Koch HK VP9-B 9mm Pistol push-button mag release limited edition
the mag release replaces the European paddle-style mag release
The HK VP9-B 9mm Push Button Mag Release is Heckler & Koch’s modern striker fired semi auto pistol. The VP9-B borrows a lot of it’s design features from the hammer fired HK P30, it is essentially a striker fired version of the P30. The VP9-B uses HK’s ergonomic handgun grip design that includes three changeable back straps and six side panels to accommodate all hand sizes. Molded finger grooves on the front of the pistol’s grip also instinctively position a shooters hand into the optimal shooting position. Slide releases are present on both sides of the frame and it has a push button style magazine release, that American shooters are more familiar with.
Ergonomic, adjustable grip– Every detail, including the grip angle, the contour of the front strap and the high rear saddle were chosen to fit the human hand. And the adaptable grip frame allows you to interchange both backstraps and grip panels in 27 unique configurations to fit your hand. All of these features help you get the same consistent grip, every time you pick up your VP.
Best-in-class trigger– The VP trigger surpasses those found on competitors. It has a short, light take-up with a solid, single action type break followed by a short positive reset.
Striker Fired– The VP Series pistols use a striker fired ignition and a modified Browning operating system combined with an optimal precision strike trigger control system — it is in essence a premium HK P30 frame mated to an advanced striker fired slide design. Materials include proprietary HK steel for barrel, slide, springs, pins, and internal components.
In addition to these features, all controls are completely ambidextrous including HK’s patented charging supports — simple components that are mounted on each side of the rear of the slide and provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward. The charging supports speed reloading and make operating the VP9 easier for shooters with reduced hand strength. The VP pistols uses the proven P30 steel magazine; 17, 15 and 10-round capacity available. This model ships with 15 round capacity magazines
The VP9 has an extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into its polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories. The rail has been tested and certified to handle mounted accessories up to 5.6 ounces.
The VP9’s proprietary captive flat recoil spring helps reduce the recoil forces effecting the operator and the handgun, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component service life.
HK’s famous cold hammer forged barrel — made from cannon grade steel — ensures long service life. Similar HK barrels on 9 mm P30 models fired more than 90,000 rounds in endurance tests in 2010. The polygonal bore profile, with no traditional lands-and-grooves rifling, contributes to longer service life as well as a slight increase in muzzle velocity.
The VP9’s machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK’s hostile environment finish.
VP pistols are made in Heckler & Koch’s Oberndorf factory in southwest Germany and are covered by Heckler & Koch’s limited lifetime warranty.
- Push button magazine release
- Patented HK Charging supports on the slide
- Heavy duty extractor also functions as loaded chamber indicator
- Ergonomic grip with replaceable panels
- Cold hammer forged polygonal bore
- 3 dot illuminated sights
- Threaded barrel
- Crisp and smooth trigger, with short reset
- Model: VP9-B
- Double Action
- 15 round magazine capacity
- 2 mags included
- Semi Auto Pistol
- Barrel Length: 4.09"
- Overall Length: 7.34"
- Sights: Illuminated Sights
- Frame Material: Polymer
- Case: Hard Plastic
Manufacturer's Model: 81000261
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.