The Daniel Defense MK18 SBR, equipped with factory DD stock, or your choice or upgrade made at Charlies for SOPMOD stock, gives you the same fighting machine used by Law Enforcement and Special Operations communities. This firearm is classified as a Short Barreled Rifle (NFA regulated items require ATF approval and a tax stamp). The Daniel Defense MK18 SBR features the railed forend Daniel Defense originally provided to USSOCOM and a 10.3” Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, the same length commonly used for CQB operations. The MK18 RISII features the Bolt-Up System and has been rigorously tested prior to fielding by SOCOM.
The new independently ambi GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters and is engineered for suppressed fire, with anti-gas features that redirect gas flow upward and away from the face and operator. This rifle comes equipped with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Pistol Grip with an integral trigger guard and soft touch overmolding. The MK18 rifle is unmatched in size, weight, and performance.
Note: This is a regulated item with the ATF under the National Firearms Act, and will require registration with your local dealer, and the payment of a $200 tax stamp and a wait period to receive your stamp and gun. The firearm will be shipped to your local dealer, and he/she will hold it unitl the ATF approves your Form 4 application, which can now be done electronically in relatively fast time. For questions on the process, read our guide here, written for silencers, but is the same process: How to buy an NFA item
LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 10.3″ Govt Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
GAS SYSTEM: Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
BUFFER: H Buffer
HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized, Black
CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7076-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
RECEIVER EXTENSION: AR Carbine Milspec 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
STOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding (standard), or your choice of an upgrade to B5 Gen2 SOPMOD stock in Black, or a B5 Bravo stock
RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F, or add the original Ergo ladder covers, see below
IRON SIGHTS: None, but you can add, see below
MAGAZINE: Daniel Defense 32-round magazine*
Made in the USA!
Note: Occasionally, some option items are unavailable, but we have reserved just for customers who buy a rifle, so if out of stock, contact our sales team at email@example.com
* magazines will be included, where allowed by law only
Note: Charlie's also offers this in black: DD Mk18 folding pistol in black
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
This pistol is not eligible to ship to California unless the customer is a law enforcement officer
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.