The Colt 6944 monolithic rifle with a pinned and welded extended A2 flash hider brings you the advantage of a tactical length barrel that is pinned and welded, so providing an overall barrel lengeth of 16.1", thus not an NFA item. Some wondered what could be better than the LE6940 or the LE6944, and Charlie's brings this to you as an exclusive.
Charlie's receives the rifle from Colt in a factory box labeled 6944, and has the barrel professionally pinned and welded with a milspec extended A2 flash hider. We do not remove the barrel from the upper assembly, so the entire upper receiver is delivered to you as-is from the factory, with the minor modification of removing the factory A2 flash hider and installing a similar, but extended A2 flash hider and pinning this permanently to the barrel, and tig welding and re-blackening the bottom of the flash hider. If we did not tell you it was pinned and welded, you would not know, that is how good our pin and weld shop is. We use an outside shop that specializes in this type of work. At Charlie's we are good, but we are even better when we use a network of the best craftsmen in the business.
The Colt 6940 and 6944 carbine rifle is one of the most popular tactical rifles on the market, and usually one of the hardest to find. The monlithic design upper is built tough for tactical environments, and shares a common lower receiver with the rest of the M4 and 6920 family of Colt rifles. The Mil-Spec hammer and trigger pivot pins, a Magpul MBUS backup sight and a folding front sight for enhanced optical solutions, and a straight gas tube and a removable lower rail which provides modularity for under mounting accessories. The patented one-piece monolithic upper receiver incorporates a continuous Mil-Spec rail from the rear of the upper receiver to the front sight. This feature affords unmatched repeatability for mounting optical systems, not found with separate handguard rail systems. Designed with accuracy in mind, its true free-floating barrel provides the enhanced accuracy necessary for long-range acquisition capability.
Manufactuer's Part Number CR6944 with modifications by Charlie's
Note: The Colt 6940 family of rifles are proprietary designed, with few user servicable parts. Specific tools are required to remove the barrel nut and barrel. The gas system is unique and not designed to be replaced with mil-spec parts.
Charlie's provides rifles, which have been test fired by Colt.
Note on pictures and model change: Products shipped after October 31, 2020 will be the Model CR6944. This is 100% the same rifle as the LE6944. The magwell engraving has changed, and Colt has rebranded all their carbines as "Carbine" and no longer marked M4 Carbine. This is the only change to the product. Keeping in mind that Charlie's has modified the barrel to be "street legal" at 16.1", but the actual factory model is the 6944 before we modify for 16.1" barrel length.
Note on Charlie's modifications: When Charlie's receives this rifle from Colt, it is registered as a short barreled rifle. We do two things: One, we pin and weld an extended flash hider, just like the original flash hider, but with a longer birdcage to give the barrel a length of at least 16", making the rifle no long an NFA item (short barreled rifle). The second thing we do is to write to the ATF to delist the rifle from the NFA registry. This means that the ATF no longer considers the rifle to be an SBR. While legally, the mere change of the barrel makes this a rifle that can be transferred with NFA paperwork, the actual delisting process in the background occurs at the normal slow speed of the ATF. That does not slow us down, as we will ship the rifle to your local dealer concurrent with the delisting process. This is not real meaningful for most people, but some are curious in how the actual process works. Do not let this worry you in any way. Just giving you full transparency.
action pictures courtesy of SWAT Mag and Tactical Life
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.