This is the same product as the standard OCM5 suppressor, but not Cerakoted black.
Note: Product Discontinued. Not all ideas are good ideas.
Otter Creek is a new entrant to the suppressor business, but has produced several very high performing precision bolt gun suppressors and now, in 2021, has entered the clone rifle world with a reproduction of the Ops, Inc #12 suppressor, which is known for being used on the Mk12 SPR sniper rifle.
Otter Creek has taken a slightly different approach, and is using a Titanium tube to lower the over weight and 17-4 stainless baffles. The Otter Creek OCM5 looks and works very much like the Ops, Inc. #12 and the Allen Engineering AEM5, and while Otter Creek is building its own barrel adapters, the OCM5 will fit snugly on a Mk12, RECCE or Gordon barrel with Allen Engineering collar and mount.
Like the AEM5 and the Ops Inc #12, the OCM5 fits over the barrel and needs a tapered collar to abut to, and threads to the external threads of an Otter Creek or Allen Engineering muzzle device. The OCM5 is a good alternative, especially with Allen suppressors in short supply. The suppressor mounts via threads on the outside of the mount centering on the adapter fitting. A 20 degree taper on the adapter locks the silencer onto the barrel.
The naked or natural finish is raw titanium which has been bead-blasted. Note: This will tend to get dirty quickly. Normally, that is not an issue, as suppressors get carbon and smoke and oil all over them. Just be aware that the bead blasted finish will attract dirt a bit more than normal. Some like the natural finish.
Also be sure to take a look at the factory standard black finish OCM5 suppressor from Otter Creek
For a review of the OCM5, see Silencer Saturday Review of the OCM5 from TFB
Barrel sizes under 12.5" will have some special technical considerations, which the manufacturer will release in the future.
Note on photos: Look for better pics soon.
Note: Charlie's Custom Clones also features the Allen Engineering AEM5 Mk12 Ops Inc style suppressor <- here
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.