Features a 14.5" barrel: heavy SOCOM profile, with a 1.6" factory pinned and welded extended A2 Colt flash hider. Since the barrel is pinned and welded, this is NOT a short-barreled rifle (SBR), not an NFA item, requiring a special tax stamp. This is street legal.
Note: This rifle was originally introduced in 2018 and sold very well in 2018 and part of 2019. Some limited production rifles are being reissued in late 2021. The 2021 vintage will be very close to the same as the 2019 production, with laser engraved lowers, and not rollmarked, as in 2018. Additionally, minor changes have been made to the trigger in 2021, but all functionality appears to be the same.
Be advised: This SOCOM edition is a true Colt battle rifle, produced like DOD contract rifles are produced. You will see blemishes. Colt is known for uneven roll marks, oil, no oil, handling marks, minor scratches, black anodizing and gray anodizing, chalky grips. Colt is not known for fine finishing. The rifles cannot be returned as defective due to scratches or handling marks. Make sure you understand what a military rifle is and is not before you purchase.
You can trust Charlie's. We have sold more of these rifles since they first came out in May 2018 than any other dealer. Take a look at our feedback. Charlies is both a dealer for Colt rifles and parts and an OEM, meaning that we buy Colt products for custom-builds. We love our custom-builds, but this is 100% factory direct product.
Note: we also offer an M4 SOCOM, which is identical, but uses an M4 marked lower and without the US Government Property marking. We offer the following rifle as an identical replacement, with different rollmarks: Colt M4 SOCOM Rifle
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. IT MUST SHIP TO AN Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
A firearm cannot be sent directly to you. I am sure you know this, but for the fake-news reading this, who might think that a firearm can be mailed to a buyer, I have to reiterate: A firearm or federal regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor), only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive such an item.
Please read here for how to buy a firearm with Charlie's
Be sure to read our return policy. While your satisfaction is our primary concern, we are limited in a highly regulated business environment by what we can and cannot do, and the number of local, state and federal regulations. We do not accept returns for ammunition and firearms, other than obvious defects. Your gun dealer or transfer agent is responsible for inspection for defects:
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.