Otter Creek is a new entrant to the suppressor business, but has produced several very high performing precision bolt gun suppressors and now, in 2021, has entered the clone rifle world with a reproduction of the Ops, Inc #12 suppressor, which is known for being used on the Mk12 SPR sniper rifle.
Otter Creek has taken a slightly different approach, and is using a Titanium tube to lower the over weight and 17-4 stainless baffles. The Otter Creek OCM5 looks and works very much like the Ops, Inc. #12 and the Allen Engineering AEM5, and while Otter Creek is building its own barrel adapters, the OCM5 will fit snugly on a Mk12, RECCE or Gordon barrel with Allen Engineering collar and mount.
Like the AEM5 and the Ops Inc #12, the OCM5 fits over the barrel and needs a tapered collar to abut to, and threads to the external threads of an Otter Creek or Allen Engineering muzzle device. The OCM5 is a good alternative, especially with Allen suppressors in short supply. The suppressor mounts via threads on the outside of the mount centering on the adapter fitting. A 20 degree taper on the adapter locks the silencer onto the barrel.
All Mk12 suppressors, used on the Mk12 and the Gordon Carbine or NSW RECCE need a very precise fit, and the barrels require a special taper. Charlie's recommends that you get the right barrel, which we can help you with.
The OCM5 filled a need in 2021 and into early 2022 when the Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressors were hard to find. Charlie's has discounted the OCM5 to better compete with the AEM5 suppressors, which have better availability in the late Fall of 2022. The OCM5 is a good clone model of the AEM5, so get it while the price is right.
NOTE: CHARLIE'S IS NO LONGER STOCKING THIS ITEM. As of August, 2022, we have a few left for sale. After that, we will no longer be carrying OCL suppressors. When Out of Stock, we recommend the Allen Engineering AEM-5 as a replacement for those looking for Mk12 / Ops Inc style suppressors
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.