Surefire Fast Attach flash hider muzzle device 411A
Very similar to the 212A, this is a shorter version originally made for machine gun in 5.56mm
The FH556-411A is a high-performance military proven flash hider for the Colt Commando, M4, M16, HK416, and to other 5.56 mm (.223 cal.) semi-auto, bolt-action, or assault rifles with Mil-Spec 1/2-28 muzzle threads. It also serves as a precision, rock-solid adapter mount that enables rapid no-tools attachment of SureFire FA556K, FA556-212, FA556MG, or MINI, suppressors to these rifles or to other rifles with the same muzzle thread/configuration.
The end of this adapter has closed prongs, with the period classic "chipped" prong, like the Knights Armamement NT4 flash suppressor and the Surfefire 212A.
SureFire flash hiders deliver superior muzzle flash suppression (see demonstration photos at left). This provides three benefits—minimizing degradation of your night-adapted vision, helping to conceal your position, and reducing muzzle rise. Machined from heat-treated stainless steel, finished in a tough, corrosion-resistant coating, all SureFire flash hiders are extremely resistant to gas and particle erosion and will perform perfectly for thousands of rounds.
NOTE: SureFire muzzle brakes and flash hiders also serve as adapter mounts for our Fast-Attach® sound suppressors. If you do not plan to attach a SureFire sound suppressor to your firearm, we recommend choosing a shorter-length muzzle brake or flash hider. SureFire muzzle brakes and flash hiders that mate with our overlap suppressor models are longer in order to extend rearward over the barrel, a feature that is unnecessary unless mounting an overlap suppressor.
- Caliber: 5.56 mm (.223 caliber)
- Length: 2.67 inches - not to be used to pin and weld to a 14-1/2" barrel
- Thread Pattern: 1/2 - 28
- Provides rock-solid suppressor attachment in seconds without tools
- Precise tolerances provide minimal and consistent zero shift regardless of number of attach/detach cycles
- Acts as high-efficiency flash hider when suppressor is removed
- Extreme resistance to heat and gas/particle erosion
- Installation requires no permanent modifications to most weapons