Home›Athlon Midas TAC FFP mil riflescope 6-24x50 APRS2 ret.
Athlon Midas TAC FFP mil riflescope 6-24x50 APRS2 ret.
Do you know Athlon? If you do, you came to the right place.
If you do not know Athlon, what you need to know is that the Charlie's optic guys only bring you good stuff. Do we like other brand, you bet. But, what we like about Athlon is that it is solid quality at a K-Mart price. And, Athlon listen to feedback, and created this middle market, long-range optic, and we really like what they have done.
Athlon got the Midas TAC right. If you are looking for a long-range scope, and you have lobster and champagne taste and a craw-daddy and beer budget, this could be for you. Seriously at under $800, not sure you can find a better value. This is Charlie's opinion. If you called and asked us, we might offer a look at a PST Gen 2 for another $100 or $150, but that one has SFP. Another good choice, but you should give the Midas TAC a strong look. It is built by shooters, for shooters.
If your next question is how do they do it, the answer is five parts:
1) they design and engineer the solutions with precision shooters in the US.
2) they contract out production to the same facilities where other great brands are made in Japan, The Philippines and one or two other Asian countries.
3) the test the living shit of out the product and reject it and send it back until it passes testing that rivals US mil-spec testing.
4) then, they back it with a lifetime warranty.
5) lastly, they ask some of the leading shooters in the US to try it out, and the shooters rave about it and talk it up in PRS and the shooting community online and in-person, and Athlon takes the feedback, and where improvements are needed, those make its way into the next generation of scopes, like the new Midas TAC.
About the Midas TAC
Athlon Optics we have listened to your feedback and suggestions and developed the Midas Tactical. Loaded with features including HD Glass, Fully Multicoated lenses to enhance target appearance at all distances, a hard Zero Stop for repeatability and Capped Windage Turret to prevent accidental adjustments. Add in First Focal plane and a Ranging Reticle, housed in a 30mm Aircraft Grade Aluminum tube. This is not just another option, but the solution!
ATHLON is a proud US sports optics product company devoted to designing and delivering superior quality optics products and outdoor accessories at a competitive price to our consumers via our distribution and retail channels. Athlon has strong engineering design capability, strategic alliances with quality manufacturers and a streamlined fully integrated supply chain. These advantages enable us to bring the latest cutting edge technologies and cut out the extra layers of traditional supply chain. With these advantages we are able to deliver goods and products to individual consumers’ hands with great cost savings. Our obsession with product quality and superior customer service for hunters, recreational shooters, and outdoor enthusiasts drives our business. The business model on which we founded ATHLON allows us to deliver high quality optics at extremely competitive prices. Our goal from day one is to pass those savings to you, the outdoor enthusiast.
ATHLON works with our manufacturing partners that own and operate vertically integrated manufacturing facilities utilizing EP-level cleanrooms for assembly, sophisticated high precision CNC machines, advanced lens polishing, and superior coating equipment. Maintaining tight relationships with our manufacturers allows us to deliver exceptional product quality. All Athlon optical products are tested for waterproofing, fogging-proofing, and shock-proofing before they are shipped. Athlon riflescopes are required to withstand recoil test up to 1000G for one thousand times. By holding the utmost stringent quality standard and rigorous testing requirement,
Athlon offers a life time warranty for all riflescopes, red dots, binoculars, and spotting scopes.
- HD Glass: HD Glass gives you better light transmission, brighter, and sharper image - Non Illuminated Reticle: The non illuminated reticle provides greater visibility during dusk and dawn and other low ambient light environment - First Focal Plane Reticle: First focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilize the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out. The reticle offers quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details - Etched Glass Reticle: Reticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil - Advanced Fully Multicoated: Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses - XPL Coating: XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches or anything else mother nature can throw at you - Precision Zero Stop System: The system allows you to lock down your zero position and dial back to it with a sharp and precise stop right at your zero mark even you are turning it in pitch-dark or blinded folded - High Precision Erector System: The high precision erector system processed by high precision CNC machine with +/- 0.0001mm tolerance level to provide you the most accurate power settings and smoothest magnification change - Aircraft Grade Aluminum: The aircraft grade aluminum tube that has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it - Direct Dial Elevation Turret: Exposed Direct Dial Turret for elevation allows you to quickly make adjustment as you needed and engage your target within a blink of your eyes - Capped Windage Turret: Capped Turret assures you that your zero on the windage is always there and gives you the flexibility to dial as well after taking off the cap - One Piece Tube Construction: Heat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product - Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidently submerged underwater - Fog proof: Fog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside - Shockproof: Robust mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times - Argon Purged: Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability
- Magnification: 6-24 - Objective Lens Diameter: 50 mm - Reticle: APRS3 FFP IR MIL, Glass Etched illuminated - Surface Finish: Matte & Brown - Lens Coating: Wide Band Fully Multicoated - Extra Coating: Xtra Protective Coating - Tube Material: Aircraft Grade Aluminium - Tube Diameter: 30 mm - Exit Pupil: 11.1-1.8 mm - Eye Relief: 3.7" - Field of View @100 yards: 17.8-4.6' - Click Value: 0.1 mil - Adjustment range per rotation: 10 mil - Total Elevation Adjustment: 25 mil - Total Windage Adjustment: 15 mil - Turret Style: Zero Stop Elevation&Capped Windage - Parallax Adjustment: Side Focus – 10 yards to infinity - Purging Material: Argon - Length: 14.6" - Weight: 26.3 oz.