Otter Creek is a new entrant to the suppressor business, but has produced several very high performing precision bolt gun suppressors and the 6.5 Creedmoor long suppressor was developed with the precision long-range shooter in mind. With the lightweight benefit of a titanium tube, and the strength of stainless baffles, Otter Creek test data shows that it can hold its own in this division.
Otter Creek sought to develop a suppressor for long-range shooting and competition that performs as good or better than similar, more established brands, with a slight price advantage.
The PR65-L is an adaptation from Otter Creek's PR30, designed for .308 rifles. The two suppressors share the same design, with the obvious feature of a smaller aperture for the 6.5mm round, and optimized for that caliber. The PR30L has undergone some independent testing, and the results are very impressive. In independent testing by Pew Science, the PR30L has shown to be comparable to the Thunder Beast Ultra 9, the CGS Hyperion, Rugged Surge and the Dead Air Nomad. The PR30L was found to be "quieter (and shorter) than the Rugged Surge and the Thunder Beast ULTRA 9," but not quite reaching the performance of the CGS Hyperion. Back pressures are lower than the CGS Hyperion, but higher than the Thunder Beast ULTRA 9.*
The PRS65L, like its sister PR30L, is the longer version of suppressors made by Otter Creek. Otter Creek Labs uses a titanium exterior tube, with 17-4 stainless baffles, built with modified stepped cone baffles, in a sort of Omega style adaptation, similar in design to the Dead Air Nomad*
* Taken from summary of test results from Pew Science Test of the Otter Creek PR30L
Note on photos: photos courtesy of Otter Creek Labs and Alabama Arsenal
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL and SOT to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!). Not every FFL is a SOT or Class 2 / Class 3 dealer.
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED ITEM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Suppressor page for more details.