The subcompact model of the acclaimed Heckler & Koch VP Series handgun, VP9SK (in 9 mm) has all of the sought-after characteristics of larger frame VP pistols but in a more concealable design.
The VP Series integrates a striker firing system with an enhanced, HK `light pull’ trigger. HK`s cold hammer-forged barrel made from cannon grade steel ensures long service life, as does the polygonal bore profile which also provides a slight increase in muzzle velocity. Slide releases are present on both sides of the frame, and the paddle-style magazine release can be easily activated by left- or right-handed shooters. A unique VP feature is HK`s patented rear-mounted charging supports on each side of the slide provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward. The machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK`s hostile environment finish and all metal components, including springs and pins have superior metallurgy.
The highly-rated HK VP precision strike trigger is also found on the VPSK. The VP trigger surpasses those found on competitors. It has a short, light take-up with a solid, single action type break followed by a short positive reset. The net result is trigger quality unmatched in production striker fired pistols.
A small-scale interpretation of the completely adjustable VP grip feature — consisting of interchangeable backstraps and lateral grip panels — is replicated in the compact grip frame of the VP9SK. This allows the pistol to be easily modified to fit any individual user and is a feature found only on Heckler & Koch handguns. Molded finger grooves in the front of the pistol’s grip also instinctively position an operator’s hand for optimal shooting.
The VPSK has the features of the latest, state-of-the-art handgun. All controls are completely ambidextrous. Slide releases are present on both sides of the frame and the paddle style magazine release can be easily activated by left- or right-handed shooters.
HK’s patented charging supports, found on full size VP pistols, are also present on the VPSK. The charging supports are simple components that are mounted on each side of the rear of the slide and provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward. The charging supports speed reloading and make operating the VP easier for shooters with reduced hand strength.
VPSK pistols can use a variety of proven HK magazines, including compact double stack 10-round flat floor, 13/15-round extended magazines for a more ergonomic grip.
VPSK pistols have an abbreviated Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into their polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories.
VPSK pistols use a proprietary captive flat recoil spring that helps reduce the recoil forces affecting the operator and the handgun, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component life span.
HK’s famous cold hammer forged barrel — made from cannon grade steel — ensures a long service life. Similar HK barrels on 9 mm P30 models have fired more than 90,000 rounds in endurance tests in 2010. The polygonal bore profile, with no traditional lands-and-grooves rifling, contributes to longer service life as well as a slight increase in muzzle velocity.
The VPSK’s machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK’s hostile environment finish and all metal components, including springs and pins have superior metallurgy.
Despite their small size, VPSK subcompacts have excellent weight and balance making them naturally pointable, easy to control, and accurate to shoot. VPSK models are currently available in 9 mm.
VPSK pistols are made in Heckler & Koch’s Oberndorf factory in southwest Germany and are well suited for civilian sport shooting, security, military, and law enforcement use.
A high quality and well-engineered design, the VP9SK possesses all the features and long-term durability that make HK products especially cost-effective when subjected to total life cycle cost analysis.
This model comes equipped with 3-Dot sights and includes one (1) flat base and one (1) extended floorplate 10-round magazine.
|Grips||Black Interchangeable Backstrap|
|Sight Configuration||3 Dot|
|Barrel Type||Cold Hammer-Forged Polygonal Rifled|
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
Note: the 10-round magazine capacity makes this pistol compliant in many state. NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE TO CALIFORNIA. Check your state laws to make sure you can own this.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.