this is a high quality Colt lower receiver with custom Mk18 Crane logo. FN, Colt and LMT make rifles for the US Military. This is a customized Colt lower -- not a production M4 lower -- with Mk18 Mod 0 Crane logo engraved for your Mk18 build. All Factory Colt lower, with customized engraving added on the left magwell.
Charlie's has researched the original Mk18 Mod0 Crane issued rifles, and has worked to find the period correct logo, and commissioned the engraving on this high quality lower receiver.
The lower receiver is a 2018 M4 Carbine rollmarked factory lower, not a rifle take-off, so this is eligible for a pistol build.
This complete lower has a 4-poistion position milspec buffer tube and A2 grip. No stock is included. Add a B5 USGI Gen 1 SOPMOD stock here
As a buyer, you should know that this is very high priced. This is an extremely limited production item (less than 10 made) and a scarce item that Colt no longer sells. It is one of a very few Colt lowers which can be made into a pistol. If you are a serious buyer, you should understand the NFA and the fact that the ATF is looking to seriously restrict which AR pistols with a brace will actually qualify as pistols. That said, this is a very hard to find lower. Is it any better or different from the lower receivers currently made by Colt? No. This is the same quality, just different "roll marks" and the fact that it can be built into a pistol. Otherwise, it is no better or nor worse than current Colt lower receivers.
Charlie's has maintained and inventory for customers who want this type of lower, and we buy in the open market from other dealers. Prices are very high. We know that. You should only buy this if you intend to build a pistol, and you understand the restrictions of AR pistols. Certainly, you can use this for a full rifle build. It is period correct.
Then, Charlie's Custom Clones had the lower custom engraved with Crane Mk18 Mod0 logo. It may seem easy, like everything we do, but our team actually spent hours researching the correct logo and not just any markings, so you will have the real deal Mk18 Mod0 logo, and can build a rifle, and SBR (with proper registration and engraving) or a pistol.
This item left the Colt factory as a spare lower receiver so it CAN be used as a pistol. Colt has not distributed lower receivers since 2019, and all receivers not leaving the Colt factory as a lower, left the factory as a rifle. You may hear other stories, but the truth is any stripped receiver after 2019 has been stripped by a dealer for sale as a part, and cannot become a pistol. Lots of stories floating around, some to confuse you. Charlie's is one of the largest sellers of 100% Colt rifles, uppers, and Colt parts. This item left the Colt factory as a lower receiver, and you will receive the lower receiver in a factory box. The Purple dot is your assurance you are getting 100% Colt factory virgin lower. The other myth out there is that any receiver leaving the factory as a "CR" is a Colt Rifle. That is just not the case. Colt changed their serial numbers from an LE prefix to a CR prefix sometime in late 2018 to early 2019, and all receivers, be they lowers or rifles have the CR serial number. Most left the factory as a full rifle. A very small number, like this one, left the factory as a virgin lower. End of story.
Note: this is a complete lower, complete with factory lower parts, but has NO STOCK.
All lowers are sold no return policy, as we do not accept returns for firearms, unless your FFL advises of damage. Scrapes and scratches are not damage on this lower, that is called "Colt."
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. This item must ship to FFL holder. No civilian exceptions.
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state.
2) Find your FFL… Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to Charlie’s (Make them earn their fee!!!)
3) Be patient! You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers. Please click the “Buying a Firearm” tab at the top of this page for more information.
California residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a scope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.
THIS IS A SERIALIZED FIREARM. It must ship to a Federal Firearms License holder. No civilian exceptions.
Buying and shipping through Charlie’s is easy, but there is some information you need to know. Only a federally licensed firearms dealer may receive a firearm or federally regulated serialized item (like a receiver or suppressor). We cannot ship these items directly to you. Please follow these steps to process your transaction:
1) Check your state laws to make sure the federally regulated item you want to purchase is legal in your state. Your FFL dealer should be able to give you all of the necessary information regarding your state specific laws. But, if we ship to your FFL, and there is a legal issue, we cannot accept a return. So please make sure that you know and follow your local and state laws.
2) A quick google search will show you what Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers are in your area. When you are ready to purchase, contact the FFL dealer you would like to use and get their shipping address. During the check-out, put YOUR address in the “billing” section and the FFL DEALER’S address in the “shipping” section. If you don’t know your FFLs address, that’s okay. You can send the information later.
3) After check out, make sure to contact your FFL dealer to ensure they will receive your shipment for you (most do this for a small fee, but you should always double check).
4) Have your dealer send us a copy of their FFL to FFL@CharliesCustomClones.com. Charlie’s does not reach to your FFL (MAKE THEM EARN THEIR FEE!!!)
5) Be patient! In order to ensure we remain compliant with all federal laws, our compliance department is kept separate from our sales and operations team. Please allow a few days for our compliance officer to verify all of your dealer’s documents and ensure all federal laws are being observed. You should hear from our compliance department within 3-4 business days. If not, feel free to reach out for a status update.
That’s it! We try to make this process as simple as possible for our customers, but if you are unfamiliar the process or have any other questions, please visit our How to Buy a Firearm page for more details.
California and New York residents please, click here. The process may be different due to state specific laws.
NOTE: The free shipping option does not apply to full rifles, unless purchased with a riflescope. If you choose free shipping at check-out, we will bill you for shipping later.